Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The message accused me of sending spam and said that i was to click a link to scan my computer (not really that stupid) but it said if i did not pass it then my account would be deleted and my ip forwarded and all that :eek: what the heck is this??

Btw it said dear shiznat and a bunch of other names. I do NOT spam this site, i swear. What should i do and what is this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, yeah scared me too. But i just noticed another post on the forums telling people not to open the PM's by that user, so fake. Thank goodness :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Got the same message. PaulKnorr is his user name. Administration please boot him.

Important message from the forum administration!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, JRNY;dicker;bdcantre;ssteeler;pablod777!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://remove-trojans.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.pigeons.biz

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree

Yeah think it's pretty obvious when you see his sign on date :D I think admin needs to provide a function to report this??

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Hang on everyone...a moderator is on the way.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I got one too!I just hope no one takes it seriously and clicks on the link!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got it too....didn't click on the link though.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Obviously, none of these messages came from anyone that is an admin or a moderator at Pigeon-Talk. I will let the site owners know that we have a problem that needs to be addressed here.

Please continue to use your common sense and be very cautious as you have been thus far.

I apologize for this type of stuff getting through.

Terry

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
It would be good that all of the internet users just go through and refresh the internet communication threats and basic do's and do not's. Let me remind you that there is no website in this world that can run with the sole watch eye of an administrator, it just doesn't happen like that. There are always guys/gals on the opposite side in this technology world who tries to hinder your happiness, I can assure atleast that ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guess I'm the only frikin idiot that did it EVEN THOUGH I KNEW BETTER. It took me a while to fix this BS. WHO IN THE HELL WOULD TARGET A PIGEON FORUM??:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts