Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats! Is 300 mile considered medium distance or long distance race? I am thinking that 400-500 miles are long distance and anything above that very long distance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spring break 300

thankyou u all!!!!!!!! actually this race is held in Utah and is considered one of the toughest 300m race courses in the coutry the birds have to deal with High mountains and head winds this is not for the fainted hearted you need tough birds to fly there,, She is a small Van Reet I'm you all will see on the Digest cover :) we did good also last year placing equal first as well

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
She is a small Van Reet I'm you all will see on the Digest cover :) we did good also last year placing equal first as well[/QUOTE said:
Congrats.......

Now, my question is..... was last years bird from the same family of birds?

Ace

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
What is the background of your Van Reet?
Here is a good family of those Van Reets you were looking for.

I have also had luck with some of my Van Reet Crosses. Funny that I thought they were sprint birds, but I found out a few days ago that I had a 1/2 Van Reet win at 250, a day bird at 400 and finish 9th in an old bird 500 in Grand Junction last year.

Sound like a nice family of Van Reets you have there. Have they won at longer distances?

Randy

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.