Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kalani's first set of eggs, so everything is new to all of us here. She laid her first egg on Nov 3 and the second on Nov 5. From then until now she and Kiko have been really good about taking turns sitting on the eggs (though Kalani always set longer than Kiko). Kalani took over her shift yesterday afternoon and hasn't gotten out of her nest yet (its been 24 hours). Kiko takes straw over to her, but she doesn't let him or the straw in the nest. In this time she has not pooped or eaten anything! Hers and Kiko's poop are different so I know which one is which. Should I take her out of the nest so maybe she will eat and poop or let her keep sitting?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too true. Kiko and Kalani look alot alike also. Most people can't tell them apart without looking real close, but for some reason I can tell immediately. They have totally different personalities too. Its funny, before I rescued these babies I would have laughed at someone telling me that a bird had its own personality! They also sound totally different when they coo. I am hopelessly in love with them:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.