Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KariJo(Doll) and Anthony(Tony) finally arrived home safe and sound yesterday morning around 10 am. I was easily able to get them out of their box and into a small pet carrier and check 'em over. Good thing I brought a bowl of water . . . boy were they thirsty!
They didn't seem very afraid, more curious about their surroundings. At home I transfered them to their roomy (but temporary) cage and watched them settle in . . ALL AFTERNOON :D
At first my three little dogs scared K and A but by evening they just sat on their shelf and watched the three pups play around. But every time K and A jumped to the floor with a THUD! it freaked the pups out and made 'em jumpy :eek: Renee, the oldest (12yr) finally couldn't take it anymore and went to the bedroom into her crate.
They certainly settled in pretty quick as Ole LoverboyRomeo has been p u r r i t t e e busy courtin his one and only lovely lady . . . had a smile on his cute little face all afternoon :D
Now this morning Kario decides to take advantage of my nice offer to tidy up their not too messy home and fly out over my head and take a spin around the livingroom/kitchen. Enter DH. "Leave the door open and maybe she will fly back in". DUH . . I do . . out flies Anthony. Nice. Dogs are freakin out hiding in their crates, gonna be eatin alive! Anthony was easy, walk over pick him up . . . NOT KariJo . . she wanted to see how much poop she could redecorate couch and chair with. I politely explained I did not care for her ideas or color scheme and sent her to her room.
oh my . . . again . . . time to get out the fake eggs:eek:

OH . . and that funny little zzziipp sound when they clean feathers . . . LOVE THAT

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome HOME K & A !!!!!

AUNTIE Deb----- WOW... so glad the babies are finally HOME -Tweet- HOME!!! They look beautiful.... and so very healthy!!! Good for you! :D

I love there temp. home... HOW cool is that!!!!! Not to mention the cozy fireplace nearby and the VIEW!!! WOW.. no wonder the romance is going on over there!!!..:p.LOL... Your an amazing woman and they are very lucky to have you and you are to have them! Perfect fit!;) SO glad KariJo is behaving like a typical female and already trying TO RE-decorate the new Diggs!..LOL.. Have fun with them... Sending our Love from Willow, Journey and I!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
WONDERFUL NEWS AND GREAT PICTURES, Debbie!!

K and A are just beautiful and your little furred canines are adorable!!

Looking forward to updates and more pictures!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches from

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Shi (and your critter family :p)and for following along with the adventures of ALL the adopted Kings.

Thank You Everyone :)

Well it looks like K and A are pretty settled in and are now considering me an equal. Anthony has decided ' no more Mr nice guy'. He can certainly peck and wing slap with the best of 'em! :eek: And KariJo . . . well she just isn't sure if it's propper etiquette or not, there's always that hesitation.

I have lights in the playhouse! each has it's own switch. And two outlets in case I need to plug something in, like a fan in the summer. Next...insulation.

·
Registered
279 Posts
DEB!!!! that was YOU!!!! yaaaaaaaaay!!! i know what YOU look like now, too!

my one big concern is this --- WHY AREN'T THOSE ADORABLE TEENY FURRY PEOPLE WEARING ANY PAWSH DOGWEAR?????

they emailed me. said they're working on breaking into the paypal account.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uh huh . . . that's IF there's any money left over after re-decorating the lovely couples new home AND paying for our daughters wedding this August :eek:
:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Awww Debbie - I love the updates (an of course the pictures :D). They look sooo happy. And wow - sounds like they're settling in fast!! Of course, you & DH look wonderfully happy too.

Isn't that funny how they take advantage of an open door (well funny while the cage is inside the house anyway - wouldn't be so funny outside). My two do that as well so I've gotten in the habit of trying to do the cleanup in the morning before giving them their breakfast - they come back to the cage quicker since they're hungry. I've given up chasing them in the house - every time I did that we lost another shot glass from our collection. Pidge seems to think she can "magically" fly through things :rolleyes:

Absolutely looking forward to more pictures and updates of the adventures of karijo and anthony :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
ooooooHHHH! I love the pictures...... They are just so darn stinkin sweeeeeet! Ya know I think it said somewhere on that application that these guys needed to BE SPOILED ROTTEN..:D. cuz they are ALLL ( IN every HOUSE) sure getting a LOAD of that!!:rolleyes: LOL..... I love it!... Love the bath pic.... Shaken that booty around.... way to get it done!.:p..LOL Keep the pictures rollin'.......AND; Give them BIG squeezes from Auntie Jenn!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Can't stop smiling

I CANNOT tell you how happy it makes me to see those smart, sassy MEAT PIGEONS safe and loved and appreciated with their very own family, forever home and a CASTLE under construction!!!

I brought Tony Baby (now Anthony) home from SF ACC on 1/16/08 and Doll (now Kari Jo) on 2/20. They were both squeakers when they arrived but both were always VERY confident and full of big plans. Now I understand why... they knew their destiny was an incredible life with a wonderful family in a BIG, FANCY castle in INDIANA!!!

Thank you for taking them into your home and for loving them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well the first set of eggs arrived this weekend so KariJo and Anthony are now lovingly, and aggressively :eek:, guarding their fake eggs. I must say it is funny how they don't seem to mind or know the eggs are fake. As long as they can be in the MOTHER MODE!

Anthony struts around the bottom of the cage guarding against possible four legged intruders and if any beast comes too close, he huffs and he puffs (no he doesn't blow the house down) and . . . White Ninja! This is Bear :confused:, this is LeeAnn :eek:, and this is Renee :eek: I'm tellin ya it's better than TV!

awwwwww E . . . thank you! And I love them baby pics!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
K and A are doin a great job taking turns egg sitting but WOW on the MOTHER LOAD :eek: poops! I find the easiest way to clean up is to pick up the poo with toilet paper and flush... as that is what I normally do anyway for my three little poochies when they go on their litter pan.
Money is a bit tight right now with DH's hours having been cut back so not much more done on K and A's Bird House. And it's been raining! Soooo . . . just trying to figure what kind of vents and where to place them. Thinking of using 4 butterfly houses :confused:, take the backs off and replace with screen and stick 'em in the pre-cut holes. I think it will be functional and cute!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.