Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Someone should invent a minature shower for pigeons and birds that when they pass by a certain spot, a sensor goes off and water comes out of a shower faucet. I know they have the technology for this. My Maggie would just love it. She could be completely independent taking her own baths and showers.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Someone should invent a minature shower for pigeons and birds that when they pass by a certain spot, a sensor goes off and water comes out of a shower faucet. I know they have the technology for this. My Maggie would just love it. She could be completely independent taking her own baths and showers.
YES YES YES AND YES!!!!!!!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Squeaks is a SHOWER OR BATH pij!

He can do both...all depends on how "lazy" I am.

Always know when it's time for a shower/bath 'cause he walks in the cat's water dishes!

GREAT idea, Garye! Nothing is too good for our spoiled pigeons!!

BTW, Mr. Squeaks sends LOUD GREETING COOO to Maggie...he is currently in "daddy" mode on his egg! She would be welcomed to help him sit! ;) :cool:

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Guess what? Maggie's just laid an egg! She must be in synch with Mr. Squeaks! I do hope this isn't a case where he somehow was able to visit her without anyone else but Maggie knowing... Lately she's been looking out the window, as if to be looking out for someone... then she turns away real quickly when she notices that I'm watching her.

"He welcomes me to help sit!!!" - Maggie.

"NO!" - me

This egg had better be a dud that she's sitting on.

Maggie likes independence and I think she'd just love to have her own shower where she could control when to take her showers. If only someone would come up with one.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
wonderful insight into your everyday life and you really got me thinking about birdie showers--need something that they can step on to trip some sprinkles of water mayble out of a can or something--something like a old scale lever or something---don't really need to be aggravated by this thinking but its fun---thanks...c.hert---pretty birdie..

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Sreeshs--it does look like pearls on the pigeon---think of how to ridge up a shower for the bird so that we can make money and sell the idea to someone..Only you would think of pearls--you are very observant with things...c.hert
I just noticed the tag--Is this bird blind Squab81??

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like a lot of people like the idea of an automatic pigeon shower - where the bird has the control when it wants to bathe! Someone out there must have some idea of how to create one. I know my Maggie would love it! I like the idea if it steps on one spot, it activates it. I think also the idea of some infrared sensor when it crosses it, it turns on the water similar to like how some faucets work.

And for the bird who likes a warm bath - how about a temperature adjusted bathtub? It's nice when the water is warm but when it cools down on a cold day - the birds just want out! I fill a dish with warm water, Maggie jumps in and soaks (funny to look at - this bird just lies still in it), but as soon as that water starts to cool, she's back out! She probably would never get back out if there was a way to maintain the warm temperature longer. :D

Can you just imagine hearing water first thing in the morning and wondering, who's taking a shower at this hour? And then you find out it's your pigeon?

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
ROFL Garye!!

Sounds like something Squeaks or Gimie would love to do... Bother everyone by taking an early morning shower! Gimie and Squeaks are my "alarm" clocks...especially if Squeaks has to stay in his home all night while in mate mode. Can't take the chance that he would chase the cats out of the bathroom where their litterbox stays! Squeaks can be quite territorial! :rolleyes:

Squeaks sends CONGRATS to Maggie on her egg and wishes her happy sitting!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi and Mr. Squeaks :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Keller has sight issues... He is an "oops baby" from a pair of Almonds. So he gets the special treatment, and i get to keep a closer eye on my Almond birds. No more sight effected birds in my future!

When he was younger his eyes were a lot more cloudy and as he aged they got clearer. I'm fairly sure he can see shapes and isn't completely blind, but this has been my only experience with a full blooded Almond, so im learning as i go. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts