Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a target of hostility on occasion here. And I think it may be good to share more about ones self with others, so perhaps they won't judge so harshly. I try to do my best and not get in the way of others unless they attack me. It is always intelligent to keep an open mind about new ideas, and progress, but you have to go beyond they old habits to do so. I would like anyone to post as well what they are like and what they do everyday. I think it makes us less of a bully target to show who we are perhaps.

http://share.pho.to/A84vJ

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Very nice pictures and yes it would help on what you suggest and I am sure you are a very nice caring person especially when it comes to pets and well experienced at that but my problem is the internet is just not like yesteryear and there is just too much happening in the world today to trust anything. So my contribution will be brief. I worked in a library and I love pigeons and I put my pictures of them and the loft on here quite often. When I find a sick pigeon or anything I take it to my Avian vet who is well qualified and a wonderful vet and person. anything that needs micro equipment to save a birdies life I take it to Colorado State Vet Hospital and pay full price for this service. These services are not "experimental" like someone insinuated and I try to give a helping hand to other people who I feel love their birdie and that something can be done to help the birdie and them. This I consider my donation to the world of animals at large and I am happy to do this if the person is willing and able to work with me. I am retired and over 70 years of age and love my pigeons and take care of them to the best of my ability.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Sorry that you feel that you have been judged unfairly. That has not been the case.
it is nice that you want to share, but please don't say you have been the target of hostility when you haven't.

We don't judge, we keep peace and it is my job as well as the other moderators to make sure the rules of conduct are followed. When one member derails a thread by making an insulting comment or comments directed at other members (which provoke and/or nitpick at other members-who then complain), it is our duty to keep the peace.

Perhaps you should go and read the forum rules of conduct.

Now, if you want to continue the discussion on "getting to know" other members, that is fine, but please do not play the victim.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Completely agree with Skyeking. The forum can run only if the rules of conduct are followed and skyeking has covered it all very well.

Whytpigeon, I loved the pics, few of them I saved too esp of that turtle, too cute.
I am glad you stepped to share things about yourself, tho I know you as a caring person and a rescuer for animals and that is amazing. Thank you.
I find sometimes things in writing seem much different than when we speak them up with our gestures, smiles etc. Makes a lot difference so probably when we write things could be misunderstood sometimes, so we take care of our way of writing. Smileys and emoticons make a big difference so we use them when needed. I am really happy you wanted to clear misunderstandings if any.

I hope we all together can help many needy birds as you do it when you find any. Togetherness is always more powerful.
I am sure we will keep enjoying the entertaining posts and put our efforts in for sick birds so we can save lives and win smiles. I don't find anything better than to see someone smiling because of me and worst is when someone is heart broken because of me.

So all grudges apart, we have to join our hands to help people and feel the relaxing hearts because we worked and helped together.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Oh yes, about me, I am just an another ordinary person. A worshipper of One, who has created me and all. I love Him for his blessings on us and I am always thankful to Him for whatever He has given me. I was nothing without Him.
I love all the creatures, be it a human, animal or plant and I believe in "live and let live" and also "be happy and let others be happy".

That's a little about me. :)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Whytpigeon, loved your photos. Glad to see someone helping a possum, as i love possums. We feed everybody! Am still working full time doing groups in a prison. Only 64 and too young and poor to retire. :) We have an essential zoo at home of critters mainly rescues that are my other second "job." Pigeons, cats, frogs, guinea pigs, fish, lizards, scorpions, occasional wild birds. We also garden a lot. I try not to judge but look for the good in others i hope. Like others here, i love living things and want to help any way i can.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Knoowing nothing about possums that was very interesting and kind of cute too. I am assuming Crazy Pete that sort is like your personality since we are suppose to be telling something of ourselves? Laughter intended here-- lol lol...And your suppose to say..Why Yes...lol

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Crazy Pete, thank you for the possum info. Like pigeons they are misunderstood and maligned by peple when they are harmless and beneficial. I belong to the Opossum Society of the US. I love possums.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
We had a possum here a couple of summers ago. He would come by every night around 12:30 am. I usually made him up a plate for dinner and left it out by the loft where I first found him, and a dish of water. I usually included a couple of pigeon eggs as well as fruit and cheese and other things they like. I enjoyed having him here. I didn't realize they were so beneficial to have around. Just liked him. LOL.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
c.hert I don't think I'm much like a possum I've never eaten a tick and never will. LOL I'm just an old man that enjoys pigeons.
Dave

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I just know two possums Crash and Eddie from Ice age. Lol
Never saw any possums except them. :)
I wonder if the name of the thread should be "knowing more about possums"? :D

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's called small talk so possum talk is great!

I feel my years here are coming to an end. I don't play a victim, it is just how I FEEL on occasion . I really don't like folks telling me what to do if I'm in bounds of the forum rules. So , I think there is no use for me here, but I still can pop in and keep learning from the pros. A few are still left I think?.

Please continue to share about yourself!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I'll introduce myself then... If you guys dont mind! (I don't mean to derail the opossum talk!) I'm new, and I plan on hanging out around here for some time to pick up more knowledge on pigeons, so.. Hi :p

You can call me Jez, If you would like. I've done a lot of traveling over the course of my life, mostly when I was 11. My family and I packed up our belongings, sold our house, and moved into a motorhome for three years. We traveled the U.S. for this time, and I've gotten to see many amazing sights.

All of this was fun and amazing to experience, but the thing I remember the most is helping out on a petting farm in a city park. It's really where I got my love for birds. We had a lot of chickens which I got to look out for. (Clean, gather eggs, feed, water, etc.) They were really nice and allowed me to hold them with no protest. They were all my precious babies. All 25+ of them. Except for the Guineafowl. Those little beasts would chase you down.

Ever since then, I've wanted a pet chicken at least. It wasn't until recently I discovered that pigeons were actually amazing pets.. And so, well.. Here I am. Stalking posts from the shadows to learn more about them to make absolutely sure I am able to provide a happy life for them. So, hello again!

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Very nice to meet you, and welcome to Pigeon Talk. Nice pics.:) Love those trees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts