Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice birds Del.

Hey, would you post a picture of a homer or roller next to the Lahore for a size comparison? I'd love to see that. thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya i could do that, that's no problem at all. Unfortunately going to have to wait until i get home from work though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow, big bird. thanks for posting this. I've never seen a Lahore in real life. That's a big bird. Do you breed these and sell, or just show?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do breed them and unfortunatly its been a pretty bad breeding season for me so far. I will be selling as soon as im finished building up my flock to the point that i want it to be. I would also like to show at some point but i gotta finish doing my research on that first. :)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nice looking birds. I am glad you compared the size differences. I didn't know that Lahore are bigger birds.

·
Guardian Angel
585 Posts
Lahores are amazing birds. I use to have two myself. There a handful to hold lol. There not the best fliers cause of there size. I couldn't get mine to breed at all. Got any idea why that is De?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From all the people that I have talked to about Lahore everyone kinda gets a different breeding experience. Some breed slowly and some will just pop out babies like crazy. I do know that they need quite a bit of room. They like to try and steal each others nest boxes. If you have any extra Cock birds in your loft I would recommend keeping them separate or all the other Lahore cocks will just be set in a territorial state of mind and only focus on that instead of breeding. Its always a good idea to make sure all the birds in with your breeders are paired off. At least that's what I have gathered from my experiences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts