Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
latest day shipping yb

hi

i mean how many day old it the latest 28 - 32 days or what is the latest day they should be shipped to a race?

thanks vic

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
32-40 days start them flying around the loft-after a few tosses-training 4 month old pigeon is good to race. You really need to visit a pigeon flyer. And make lots of notes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how old pigeons need to be when shipping them to a race

hi

yes i am going to ship them to a auction race and need to make sure the yb are not to old when i ship them. so the latest i should ship them is about 40 days old?

thanks vic

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
40 day old birds is about the limit, any older than that and if they get spooked they would be to strong and just fly away.
Dave

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Six weeks is the general rule, so 40-42 days. There are some races where they receive quaranteed birds up to three months from overseas but the guys running these races are experts at settling the birds. I like to send birds between four and five weeks when they are eating and drinking on their own. The get strong on the wing and you tend to loose them.

Randy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
racing homers

Hi

I Glad It Is About 38 To 40 Days Old . They Are 28 Days Old And Have Not Left The Nest Yet I Have Been Messing With Them A Little Bit Do I Need To Take Them From The Nest And Start Hand Feeding Them All The Time? Or Just Let Them Leave The Nest On There Own?
Thanks Vic:d

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Put them on the ground at feeding time then back in the nest. If your nest box is big enough you could put some feed in it. I wouldn't hand feed them they need to learn to eat on their own.
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts