Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to provide our racers with light, only we have no electricity at the garden where our pigeons are kept, does anyone know where or if such a thing exists as a portable light that could be wired up to a car battery or similar that we could get for our loft?:confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep, easy enough to get a 12 volt light that will run off a 12 volt car battery. You can get them at any rv store or boat store and sometimes at a walmart store. A little trickle charger for the battery to keep it topped up during the day or in your case every few days will do the trick. Better yet, get a solar charger for the battery to trickle charge it during the day and pretty much forget it. A battery made for constant discharge and recharge will be best, like for a trolling motor on a boat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, I knew I could rely on the good people of Pigeon Talk to come up with something. I wasn't sure whether one of those lights for people with seasonal affective disorder might be any good, has anyone used one with their birds???

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
We are looking to provide our racers with light, only we have no electricity at the garden where our pigeons are kept, does anyone know where or if such a thing exists as a portable light that could be wired up to a car battery or similar that we could get for our loft?:confused:
I had my electrican run an under ground cable out to my loft, so that I had power. Then there were electric outlets put in, and security lighting etc. There have been many times, when an eletrical outlet has come in real handy at that end of the yard. It was no big deal, and fairly cheap. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My lofts are 1 mile from my home,on property I rent for the birds..No electric available for my lofts, SO >>>> I purchased a 600 watt power pack($200)....It will give me electric power for many hours,before I have to recharge it..I used it to run a drill,saw,and other tools when I built my new avairy,for my old birds...I have lighting in my two lofts,and when I go out at 5am to pack my YB`s up for a trainong toss,I put the lights on to cleam up the lofts,and then I shut them off,and head down the road....I also had my Yb`s on the light system,and without the power pack,I could not have done this at all....It`s been doing a great job for me......Alamo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts