Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering when do you loft fly your 2010 young birds when they are about 5-7 weeks old? And how long should they stay in the loft before loft flying?

Jeremiah Yang

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
hi there my saddle homer are flying around the house already they are about 5 week old they are flying with their father so they fly very far and high ..but short flight. it depend how long they are in your loft like are they born there... did you ever let them see the outside.

-Blong Yang

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got done building my new coop...I put my young birds that are 5-7 weeks old just yesterday...finish building the coop on Monday...so yeah...also they have a area where they could see the outside too...just don't know when to loft fly them...and my breeders are in the basement having more babies...

Jeremiah Yang

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just got done building my new coop...I put my young birds that are 5-7 weeks old just yesterday...finish building the coop on Monday...so yeah...also they have a area where they could see the outside too...just don't know when to loft fly them...and my breeders are in the basement having more babies...

Jeremiah Yang

If it wer me I would wait until they have been in the new loft and settled before I flew them. They have to know that's where the feed is and that's where home is. This just what I would do .

Walter

·
Registered
671 Posts
Make sure when you feed them to shake a can or bottle etc. So when you shake whichever item they know its feeding time. Do you have a trap?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
yea like they said it have to be longer ..be patient .... that's how your raise bird. take it from me i lost a lot of bird when i started... rush it and you could lose everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts