Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question but I will ask. When I had my horses I would have a radio playing 24/7 in the barn. Does anyone have music playing in their loft for their birds? My horses liked it but will my birds?:eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
i do, but not 24/7 i play different kind of music, what ever i feel like listening to...:rolleyes:

This might be a dumb question but I will ask. When I had my horses I would have a radio playing 24/7 in the barn. Does anyone have music playing in their loft for their birds? My horses liked it but will my birds?:eek:

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
When I'm raising pen-of-3 broilers, radios on 24/7 keep them awake so they eat more and get fat quicker. I think it would be nice for them to have some peace and quiet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My pigeons used to listen to gangster rap, but I had to end that because I kept on getting fly by poopings.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
My ringneck dove seems to enjoy Christmas music. He coos in very unusual ways, drawing out the sound and seeming to try to sing along. During the day while I'm at work I've been leaving it on a station that runs Christmas music for about a month and he really seems to enjoy it. The diamond doves will stop in their play to listen, but I'm not sure if they enjoy it as much.
I do know that they only like happy, Frank Sinatra-like or Winter Wonderland-like music. I've tried other styles and anything that starts to seem dark or scary makes the birds nervous.

Edit:
Oh, and they are all indoor birds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts