Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same problems with my pigeons three of them and when last time four weeks a go some on told me it will take about six weeks for the pigeons to get well. i gave my pigeon duramycin-10 antibiotic for ten days so far not working i live in Stockton, ca i don't know what i need to do to get them well.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I have the same problems with my pigeons three of them and when last time four weeks a go some on told me it will take about six weeks for the pigeons to get well. i gave my pigeon duramycin-10 antibiotic for ten days so far not working i live in Stockton, ca i don't know what i need to do to get them well.

Who told you that and what else where you told?

Please, can you tell us hos long you have had these Pigeons?
Where they came from?
Where they vaccinated for anything before you got them or while they have been in your care?
Do mice or rats ever get into your loft?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
give them antibiotic and it will take the course the will be OK in about six weeks. i need help i don't what i need to do for them to get better.

Thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please, can you tell us hos long you have had these Pigeons?
almost two years
Where they came from?
the same loft
Where they vaccinated for anything before you got them or while they have been in your care?
NO
Do mice or rats ever get into your loft?
out side gofer.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Semkruse, you may have PMV, antibiotics won't help, but yes PMV takes 6 weeks to pass. Best option is Vet.
Make sure that whatever disease is, your birds eat and drink. If need be, hand feed them.
Most people assume that birds are eating, but sometimes they just drop seeds and do not swallow them.
Can you please give more info? What are the poops like, any smell, what is water intake? Did you quarantine them with extra heat? Did you sanitize loft? Do they walk in circles? Anything else that I did not ask but you noticed out of ordinary?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Have you added any new Pigeons to your loft, from another loft, since you got them?
Do your birds fly free?
Do you race your birds with birds from other lofts?
Do you scrape your loft on a regular basis so that poop doesn't build up?
Do you provide clean water and food every day?
Sorry for all the questions. It would help to see a picture of your birds and the loft they live in.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Semkruse, you may have PMV, antibiotics won't help, but yes PMV takes 6 weeks to pass. Best option is Vet.Make sure that whatever disease is, your birds eat and drink. If need be, hand feed them.
Most people assume that birds are eating, but sometimes they just drop seeds and do not swallow them.
Can you please give more info? What are the poops like, any smell, what is water intake? Did you quarantine them with extra heat? Did you sanitize loft? Do they walk in circles? Anything else that I did not ask but you noticed out of ordinary?

I agree but...if it is bacterial, the antibiotic given, may not be the right one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you added any new Pigeons to your loft, from another loft, since you got them?
No i have about 16 pigeon pair two weeks old and pair one week old i did not mix them with my sick pigeon.

Do your birds fly free?
yes the do fly free

Do you race your birds with birds from other lofts?
no i don't

Do you scrape your loft on a regular basis so that poop doesn't build up?
two times or more a week.

Do you provide clean water and food every day?
yes i do

Sorry for all the questions. It would help to see a picture of your birds and the loft they live in.
i will old picture.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Sorry I didn't get this:
How many birds are ill and how many you have in total?
What are the poops like?
Any smell?
What is their water intake?
Did you quarantine them with extra heat?
Do they walk in circles any neurological signs?
Anything else that I did not ask but you noticed out of ordinary?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts