Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Will these birds be let out to fly? Will they have an aviary? Are you going to want more birds down the road?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they will be let out to fly / plan on taking them on toss's im planing on only keeping 4 birds. if i get more i would make a new loft though. just wondering on which size to get with just 4 birds

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
yes they will be let out to fly / plan on taking them on toss's im planing on only keeping 4 birds. if i get more i would make a new loft though. just wondering on which size to get with just 4 birds
Could you go 3X5? Will you have nest boxs?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I dont know really without seeing the way its laid out .

But I'll put in my .02 worth .... don't make it any deeper than arms length . Otherwise you'll have a hard time reaching in and getting your birds out .

I think either one would house 4 birds . You could divide it and a pair on each end .

unless I'm missing something here . Is this a ready made loft , or you just have that much space to build it in ?

Bob

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
If that were definitely my only choice, I'd probably go with the 3X3, but another foot would make a difference. The larger you can go, the better.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Is that 3' length x 3' width x 5' height? If so I would rather go with that. They have space to go down.
The other dimensions you gave is confusing to me. Is that 2' width x 5' length x 5' height? They don't have much space to go down (too narrow). You can, however, make that like individual breeding boxes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm confused here. Is this one like you are going to build , or is it already built ?

Whats wrong with this one if you already have it built ?

Get out your saw and hammer and modify it like you want

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh , OK . I got ya now .

Nice looking unit .

See what others say .... I'm learning too . My loft is 3Hx3Wx8L long and 4 birds in this one and its fine . 5 feet of it is hardware cloth and is the aviary part . They nest in one end in 2 compartments . Thats why I said dont get it too deep . I changed mine , it was originally deeper and a pain to clean put and get a hold of my birds .

hambone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.