Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
well??,.no,..airborn particles,??,another not all poops are greated equal,??.sounds like a bigger mess,.-but--.hey, whatever works,, but at least wear a mask,--keeping it clean,and sanitary living,.sincerely james waller

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Shop Vac

I use a shop vac, have been for the last 15 years. Best way I know to pick up the fine dust that sweeping stirs up.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I keep a small hand broom and dust pan in my coop for minor spot clean up, but have used a shop vac for the last few years that is in a storage cubbie in the coop. I wear a mask for good cleaning days.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
my birds sit on mine when its running
they will get used to it with time
they know when that loud thing gets in there I start moving things around and they find peanuts and other seeds that rolled under things LOL

·
Registered
777 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but I scrape then sweep and that is not good enough and I want to improve...so, do you scrape, sweep the bug stuff THEN use the ShopVac or??? Will the ShopVac take the place of the sweeping too after I scrape?:confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but I scrape then sweep and that is not good enough and I want to improve...so, do you scrape, sweep the bug stuff THEN use the ShopVac or??? Will the ShopVac take the place of the sweeping too after I scrape?:confused:
I think most use it on occasions, when the scuff and dust and feathers start to build up,oh and when they are molting can't beat it!. I loft fly the birds and then get in the loft and go over all the corners and cracks AFTER all the poop is scraped , I don't sweep, it stirs up too much pigeon dust......

·
Registered
822 Posts
Now that the SNOW is gone and I can get the ShopVac out there...that's how we plan on cleaning it out 1x a month or so. In between - I scrape every day .... but we only have 16 birds so that's a pretty easy thing to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts