Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get these two birds to breed for over 2 months now and FINALLY, today there was an egg! However, neither of them are sitting on it. Is it going to survive? Why aren't they sitting on it? is there anything that I should be doing to help them.

they are in a 24x24x24 aprox box with a screen on the front. there is a little box. 5"x5" with hay in it. The egg was on the floor and I put the box in there and put the egg in the box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually you should remove the egg and keep it at cool dark place, once the 2nd egg is out than place the 1st one back. This way when they hatch both babies are of the same size.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
if all you have is a 24x24x24 cage, they don't need to be hatching anything, you don't have the room for more. a 5 inch "nest box" is not big enough, 9 or 10 inches round is what they use, the first egg is layed and then when the second is layed is when they sit on them. I would remove the eggs and put fake or dummy eggs under her. you just do not have any room for more birds if that cage is all they have.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Actually you should remove the egg and keep it at cool dark place, once the 2nd egg is out than place the 1st one back. This way when they hatch both babies are of the same size.
that is ONLY if they are sitting tight on the first egg, and you would replace it with a fake one, not leave the nest empty. usually you really do not have to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts