Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the sweet bird that needed a new home (old thread found here) http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f10/young-adult-pigeon-seeks-new-home-39601.html

All I have to say, is Jim has done a fantastic job of raising this little one..
It was very incrediable to meet someone who has so much compassion for Pijies!... He goes to great lengths to help the local feral flock.

SO publicly, I want to Thank him for doing a fantastic job of helping lost feathered souls in the heart of Tucson!....

OF COURSE, I just had to share a picture of the newest lil' baby to join my ZOO.... Sorry if s/he is a little wet, s/he was sprayed when we got home, he has some pigeon flys:eek: I'm going to assume it's a boy until further notice...lol... So he is just the sweetest thing.. LOVE...LOVES LOVES to be petted...and when I hold my hand out he jumps right on my hand- just so sweet! He is still a squeaker, and so very inquisitive! I just love this stage... Right now, s/he is resting in the sun...living the Life in Arizona in the A/C!...:rolleyes: spolied already ...I KNOW!:D

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What cutie pie!

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's so cool! congratulations!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh, it makes me feel so happy to see that this little guy has a nice new home. What a wonderful community we have of people who REALLY CARE about each other, and out little charges!LOL LINDYLOU

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks EVERYBODY!!!! He sure is sweet! He's got some weight to gain, but I'm sure he'll have no trouble doing that!!! Tomorrow he's getting a bath with 20 mule Borax..Hopefully to help with the flies... :rolleyes:

I have to say, I have had birds with lice, but never pigeon flies... all I can say about them is EWWW:eek:..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Don’t worry regular bathing with ACV and drop of Listerine in the water will take care of the flies. Fortunately they are not good swimmers.:D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
How terrific, Jenn!!!

Looks like he(?) might be a Spread unless being wet just makes him look all dark...

I'm sure you will get rid of those nasty critters!!

Do keep us updated and let us know what you named him/her...

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi :)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Don’t worry regular bathing with ACV and drop of Listerine in the water will take care of the flies. Fortunately they are not good swimmers.:D
Plamenh, how much vinegar and listerine do you put in how much water? I've noticed that you have mentioned this before.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm SQUEAKY clean!

Yesterday he got his first bath.... here he is all SQUEAKY clean.

He LOVES his bath... He is just the sweetest guy! Very well behaved. After his bath I wrapped him up in a warm towel and he fell asleep while I was holding him on the sofa in the sunshine... Ahhh--- just makes my heart melt. Haven't noticed any flies anymore, but he is SUPER thin.. yesterday I began supplementing his feedings.... you can feel his poor keel bone.:( Other than that, I have wormed him. In a few days I will treat for cocci. Jim mentioned that he had treated for canker already.

He'll be in TIP Top Shape in no time.:rolleyes:

We have decided to name him Daylen. BTW~Thanks for the welcome for him from everyone. :D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
GREAT NEWS, Jenn!!! :D

Daylen is a very interesting name...how did you chose it?

He sure is a cutie and I know we will all look forward to wonderful updates!!

Love, Hug and Scritches

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What a cute little thing. I'll bet that bath felt wonderful to him.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Give that cutie pie a kiss for me.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GREAT NEWS, Jenn!!!

Daylen is a very interesting name...how did you chose it?

He sure is a cutie and I know we will all look forward to wonderful updates!!

Love, Hug and Scritches

LOL... Shi~ You know me and MY big brain:p first hand ((lol))! ... GOD knows how or where I came up with that name.:rolleyes:..LOL... We usually go a few days and see if it fits, and I guess its just stuck. In our house, WE now have

Noelle
Noah
Baya
Baxter
Willow
Journey
Petrie
Daylen
Slippers
Keanu
Shyla
Dallas (hubby's kitty, yes- Dallas Cowboys:rolleyes:)
Noland
Indigo
Chloe
Avery

Phew!!! AND thats ENOUGH! lol..lol. any more and I'll run OUTA names! or memory!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts