Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at what I got. This is the most beautiful color pattern I got this year. All my breeders are Blue Check or Black T pattern. A couple young birds developed tanish feathers with out a strong pattern. Full tan feathers, odd balls grew out here and there.

This bird is much lighter and has quite a few Dull redish brown feathers on the Chest and alomost looks like it will have a red bar. Look close on the wings. the Blue feathers are outlined in Red!

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
thats pretty kewl...i gotta club member who has some really different colors too...i guess i have some kewl ones too but nothing like yours :)

L

·
0 Posts
thats a very pretty bird you have there, just hope it holds its lacing thru out its youngbird molt ,time will tell but I bet it will still be a great looking bird non the less so thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
It almost looks like some strange type of andalusion...but I don't know a whole lot about color genetics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The effect that is most startling for me, right from the start of the fledging, was it seems to glow from the inside out. It is realy cool to look at.

I was just looking at Ron Huntley's web site. Wow it was really interesting. I read most of the trait pages from top to bottom.

It made me wonder if this is some kind of Bronzing or Ember with Dilute traits as well. He had a picture of a Red Phase Opal that had lacing that reminded me of my bird too.

What ever teh genetic sequence is, it works for me. It is my favorite bird now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Look at what I got. This is the most beautiful color pattern I got this year. All my breeders are Blue Check or Black T pattern. A couple young birds developed tanish feathers with out a strong pattern. Full tan feathers, odd balls grew out here and there.

This bird is much lighter and has quite a few Dull redish brown feathers on the Chest and alomost looks like it will have a red bar. Look close on the wings. the Blue feathers are outlined in Red!
It's recessive opal. It is a non sex-linked and varies in expression from ash-red mimic to lightly bronzed blue. It is relatively common in Racing Pigeons and has been transferred to a few other breeds. In the UK it is common in Show Racers and is erroneously called "mosaic".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lookat what I got II

Tonight I thought I have to complete my other post by getting a picture of the tail of my recessive Opal young bird. While out there I was looking at some of the other markings on the other young birds. Seems like I have quite a few with red feathers, Then I noticed that one was almost the opposite of the recessive opal I posted in the first thread. This one was black with red bars and red on the chest and it has red outlines on those black wing feathers. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but that ones much more common, again I'm not a genetics person but I just call that one a velvet.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Those are very pretty birds. I would have gone with andulusian too as it is just spread indigo. The opal makes it very light does it not?

Margaret

1 - 17 of 17 Posts