Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my breedings together for next year and most of them will be new pairings. I am looking for "working man" futuries and band races, you know the ones I don't have to take out a second mortage on my house to enter. If you know of any and/or the handler for one please inbox me the information.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would like to see people respond to the thread because myself and probably others would like this information as well.

Two breeders races that I participated in this year were both featured in threads on this forum. The LBRA and IRPC, see the threads by those names for more information.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does not the:
1. AU have information about these?

2. I think in your local club in your area, the President normally give you information regarding member flyers where you can send your breeding. Arrangements vary as to how the fees are handled so as to test your birds, and or what to do with your birds after the YB and OB race season .

If I understand the question correctly, I would think its a win win situation where a handler need not buy the birds, just to train and feed. Breeder paying for club level entry, in return learning a lot from acquired pair whether to continue or end such combination, before entering high level OLR.

Hopefully a database exist across the country with different terrains that mirrors big time OLR within the country and outside.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The IRPC is an Auction race (2 of them)....This year we had $6,000.00 in prize money...$3,000.00 for each race....The race is open to/for OOA lofts to send birds in for the ONE Auction....The Auction will take place around the 1st of May,or there abouts...You send your entries in,and WE (the combine members),buy them and race them...When we have the Auction races,if your bird wins any money,you get half,and the flyer gets half...The birds become the property of the buyers....Your only cost TO YOU, is sending the birds in to one of our members,the week of the Auction...We are located in the western part of Pa...We have lofts in and around Pittsgurgh, some in West Virginia,and Cumberland Md...
I will have more info in 2016 on our web site..Click on the link below to get there....Alamo

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The Twin Cities Concourse has a gold band race . You can buy bands for $25.00 each , pick your handler and this past year they had in 2015 $10,000 paid out in prize money. My friend has won some money a couple of times so its been a good race for not that much cost .

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
The Twin Cities Concourse has a gold band race . You can buy bands for $25.00 each , pick your handler and this past year they had in 2015 $10,000 paid out in prize money. My friend has won some money a couple of times so its been a good race for not that much cost .

Hope you will post a link for this come the new year.
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Student vs Teacher Race

I intend to fly this race this year. Several guys I know have been flying for several years. It's 4 birds for $150. You fly a 100-150-200-250 mile race series and for $10 extra your bird(s) can fly the Queen City Band Race (300 miles).

[email protected] or call 601-938-6775.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
IRPC Auction races.....May 15th is our auction....Send 30/35 day old YB`s in week of the auction...We have TWO auction races...All monies taken in will be divided in half,with equal amounts being paid out in BOTH races.We had $6,000.00 total in 2015...Click our link below....Race dates on on our 2016 race schedule page....Will have info on who to send birds to later on....If you live within driving distance,the auction will be at my club(Connellsville) in Uniontown,Pa....Alamo

PS:Your only cost is shipping your birds in to us !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts