Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would be fine paying shipping, I haven't had much luck finding one near me in Indiana. I'm most interested in finding a male Indian Fantail, but would probably consider a female (I'm new to pigeons and have no experience dealing with hens or eggs!)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
We have lot of Indian fantails here but shipping will be much more pricey than the fantail cost I suppose.
Hope you get one in your near by area.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Pigeons are ideally happiest in pairs. What do you want them for......as pets, or to breed and/or show? If you don't find birds locally don't be afraid to have them shipped from elsewhere in the USA. Great hobby! There are currently two very nice pairs of American Fantails on Fancy Pigeon Auction. If you want Indian fantails keep an eye out and should contact a local fancy pigeon club or Indian Fantail Club. Do you have a loft ready for them>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice Woodnative! I'm looking for an indoor pigeon as a companion bird. I have a 30x30x43 cage prepared as "home base", but work from home and expect to have it out as often as it likes.

I hadn't thought about contacting a club, I'll have to see if there are any in my area!

·
Banned
569 Posts
Thanks for the advice Woodnative! I'm looking for an indoor pigeon as a companion bird. I have a 30x30x43 cage prepared as "home base", but work from home and expect to have it out as often as it likes.

I hadn't thought about contacting a club, I'll have to see if there are any in my area!
Indian fantails are quite large pigeons and IMO, Indoors is not an ideal place for them, as said they like to be paired up and nest, it is what they do and takes up a huge part of their life. Even a lone pigeon will find an outlet by pairing with a human and acting out in their natural ways,but of course that is not natural.

My opinion is if you want an indoor pet there are better suited smaller birds that would be happier indoors. Like ring neck doves, parakeets, cockatiels, lovebirds, diamond doves, small parrots etch..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts