Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want some Escampadissa's but probably won't be able to find any. So, that puts me in the market for some Catalonians. I am in Ohio. Got any for sale? The younger the better, but older is okay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I Have 2 mated pair and 3 young 09 birds of catalonians. This are the little ones. I have not flown them. What are you looking for.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I checked out circuslofts first and he does have some Cats for sale, but the ones I like are already taken. He is short on hens also. Bit I am considering them. Just want to see what else is out there.

Really really want some Escampadissa Rollers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Escampadissa breeder

Hi to all.
My name is Pedro Bento and I'm from Portugal.
I'm a breeder of Escampadissa´s.

1st of all I want to say that the name for this breed its only: Escampadissa.

There's not such thing as Escampadissa roller. :p These birds never rolled or tumbler. If you want real info on this breed please visit my website.

I've been asked many times if I could export birds into the states...
To tell the truth, I think it might be somewhat complicated due to your costums procedures like keeping the birds in quarentine for what I know.
If someone is really interested on this matter, is free to contact me on my website: www.myworld.com.sapo.pt or in www.youtube.com/ptlofts.

Best regards.

Pedro Bento

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Pedro, enjoyed the site, and youtube. On you website you mention you are moving to a farm where there are hawks and falcons around and that videos will be coming soon. I'm alittle confused, you don't want your birds to be eaten by hawks or falcons do you? I don't want to see videos of your birds being attacked by hawks. I hope that isn't what you are planning on doing. You have really pretty birds, and really enjoyed looking at them.

Once you move your birds, will any of them fly back to the old loft. Just curious. min

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mindy.
Let me explain, it might seem strange to some people but if you really want to watch the show that a Escampadissa can give you by escaping from a Hawk or Eagle you must have birds of prey around, right? ;)
Ive already made the pigeon loft for them, just waiting for some free time for me to take them there.

Ive seen it only once on my trip to Mallorca island, to the pigeon lofts of my friend Tomeu, there was an eagle circuling around at some hight and he released the birds out. Some of them were kind of scared and didnt wanted to take off from the rooftop but others went flying like crazy, for some minutes the eagle kind of disappear from the sky, meanwhile the birds that went flying reach some considerable hight, it was like f-16'S diving, at great speed, like falling meteors.

If you go to youtube and search for the greek pigeon breed Wuta you can have a glimpse of the speed of teh Escampadissa, more and less. :eek:

Pedro

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hi to all.
My name is Pedro Bento and I'm from Portugal.
I'm a breeder of Escampadissa´s.

1st of all I want to say that the name for this breed its only: Escampadissa.

There's not such thing as Escampadissa roller. :p These birds never rolled or tumbler. If you want real info on this breed please visit my website.

I've been asked many times if I could export birds into the states...
To tell the truth, I think it might be somewhat complicated due to your costums procedures like keeping the birds in quarentine for what I know.
If someone is really interested on this matter, is free to contact me on my website: www.myworld.com.sapo.pt or in www.youtube.com/ptlofts.

Best regards.

Pedro Bento

Great website and wonderful information on the breed. I wish I could see one fly after reading about them.

Thank you,
Tony

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Pedro, Thank you for explaining that to me. I'm a newbie. Now I understand why you said that. How Dumb of me!! min

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You welcome and thank you.

God Bless,
Tony

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Pedro, I'm just reading more of your site, great site like I already said. Just thought it was funny that you put 29 years old, straight, not married. Made me laugh. min

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Pedro. I checked out your web site several months ago. I even thought about trying to work something out with you to get some birds from you. But it just seems like too hard a task. So I have been searching the U.S. to find some Escampadissa.

You are right that many call them rollers, and they are not.

Many will say that you should not let them out when they can be eaten by hawks, but those that say that, do not understand the ablilities these birds have in beating hawks.

I find it frustrating that on your web site, you do not credit the Escampadissa for being able to outfly hawks well. But others state they are very very good at escaping hawks and in fact, use them to lure hawks into specially built traps (not in the U.S.). But yet you say you are looking to move to a place that has more hawks, intentionally to watch the hawks chase your birds. I am confused and maybe you could clear that up for me.

Since I could not get any Escampadissas, I have obtained some Catalonians. My plan is to let the Cats fly and frustrate the hawks, before I let my homers out. Cats are not as good, but they have a great success rate in beating hawks. The hawks (in theory) should get frustrated and not chase my homers when I let them out, because the Cats will have shown them that there isn't any pigeon on the menu today.

I know racing homer flyers that use this method and they say it really works. They say they have not lost a Cat in years, to the hawks. And that the hawks don't chase the homers anymore and move on to other game.

We shall see. We are not allowed here in the U.S. to capture or kill hawks, but I know capturing them in some countries (using Escampadissa) is a sport in and of itself. I don't know what they do with the hawks after they catch them though.

Wish I could get some Escampadissa. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pedro. I checked out your web site several months ago. I even thought about trying to work something out with you to get some birds from you. But it just seems like too hard a task. So I have been searching the U.S. to find some Escampadissa.

You are right that many call them rollers, and they are not.

Many will say that you should not let them out when they can be eaten by hawks, but those that say that, do not understand the ablilities these birds have in beating hawks.

I find it frustrating that on your web site, you do not credit the Escampadissa for being able to outfly hawks well. But others state they are very very good at escaping hawks and in fact, use them to lure hawks into specially built traps (not in the U.S.). But yet you say you are looking to move to a place that has more hawks, intentionally to watch the hawks chase your birds. I am confused and maybe you could clear that up for me.

Since I could not get any Escampadissas, I have obtained some Catalonians. My plan is to let the Cats fly and frustrate the hawks, before I let my homers out. Cats are not as good, but they have a great success rate in beating hawks. The hawks (in theory) should get frustrated and not chase my homers when I let them out, because the Cats will have shown them that there isn't any pigeon on the menu today.

I know racing homer flyers that use this method and they say it really works. They say they have not lost a Cat in years, to the hawks. And that the hawks don't chase the homers anymore and move on to other game.

We shall see. We are not allowed here in the U.S. to capture or kill hawks, but I know capturing them in some countries (using Escampadissa) is a sport in and of itself. I don't know what they do with the hawks after they catch them though.

Wish I could get some Escampadissa. :(
Hi.
Well, at present time I'm not aware of any country allowing Birds of Prey to be caught. Even in Mallorca island its not authorized since many years ago.
There are not anymore active 'original Escampadissa lofts' in the Baleric Islands.

YES! Its true and not legend, as many say that some Escampadissa can escape from Hawks and Falcons when diving back to the pigeon loft.
I've seen it myself before. The Escampadissa when diving, dont dive as a straight line but kind of gently in a spiral movement, thats what sometimes outfly BOP's. And yes. I have my young Escampadissa's at the farm's place cuze there's plenty of BOP's there. The goal is to watch the 'show'.
To watch for what this breed as being trained for hundreds of years.

I must be honest with you. I dont know if even if I could, I would export Escampadissa to the US. I've seen what many so called 'breeders' have done to other pigeon breeds. Crossing them with other breeds just for color, transforming the original standard in something that looks. . . I dont even have words to describe it. Physically very diferent. :(

BEST REGARDS.

Pedro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mindy.
Let me explain, it might seem strange to some people but if you really want to watch the show that a Escampadissa can give you by escaping from a Hawk or Eagle you must have birds of prey around, right? ;)
Ive already made the pigeon loft for them, just waiting for some free time for me to take them there.

Ive seen it only once on my trip to Mallorca island, to the pigeon lofts of my friend Tomeu, there was an eagle circuling around at some hight and he released the birds out. Some of them were kind of scared and didnt wanted to take off from the rooftop but others went flying like crazy, for some minutes the eagle kind of disappear from the sky, meanwhile the birds that went flying reach some considerable hight, it was like f-16'S diving, at great speed, like falling meteors.

If you go to youtube and search for the greek pigeon breed Wuta you can have a glimpse of the speed of teh Escampadissa, more and less. :eek:

Pedro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Pedro, my name is Jaime I have always wanted a pair of escampadissa pigeons since I was 15 yrs old. can you email me at [email protected] I would like to import them through holland and then canada. please contact me. it would mean a lot to me. thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts