Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to start a little project at home. I'm going to draw and paint a lot of pigeons (just how many is a secret until I'm done :D), mainly to get more practice in drawing them, but also to try out a few different styles. It's just first I need some help getting some references :p

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have any good pictures of their birds you'd like me to make some art of? Or just an idea of a breed in general? I mainly draw homers and fantails, which are great, but it'd be neat to try something different for a change :)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I've decided to start a little project at home. I'm going to draw and paint a lot of pigeons (just how many is a secret until I'm done :D), mainly to get more practice in drawing them, but also to try out a few different styles. It's just first I need some help getting some references :p

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have any good pictures of their birds you'd like me to make some art of? Or just an idea of a breed in general? I mainly draw homers and fantails, which are great, but it'd be neat to try something different for a change :)
Where do you want to pics? Here? Emailed to you?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Either of these would be good. IF you want to use them. You can look in my album and see if there's any you like better.

PS: You can leave out the poop...........:D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, yeah I think I'll leave that part out :p
I'm gonna use the bottom picture I think :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I would like an artistic rendering of the pigeon poop if you dont mind LOL :D

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Hmmmmm, Renee, now I just wonder who that handsome lad is....lol, he is so beautiful. I'm gonna send Becky a picture of Lucas, our English Carrier.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scooter has been artified :D

Now if this stupid scanner up here will work, you'll get to see him :D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, this scanner is a pain to work with. When I get hope I'll re-scan and upload it :)
But here's the best preview I could manage :p

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
That is beautiful, Becky.
You are very talented.

Reti

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Becky,

That is a gorgeous drawing. It won't be long before you will be one of the wonderful pigeon artists that grace the covers of Purebred Pigeon.
Keep at it, you have the talent!

Margaret

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Oh Becky, it looks JUST like Scooter. You are so talented - can't believe you were able to draw him so quickly. I'm glad you're doing this because one day you are going to be a successful professional artist and I'll be able to say that I knew you. :D

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Becky, feel free to use any pictures in my albums. One picture of Lucas is in the "keeper" album, shown with his mate, little Katrina.

This is another: (The feathers have since grown in on the back of his scrawny little neck :))

G

·
That's a beautiful sketch! You sure have talent, I wish I could draw like that. Feel free to use any photos in my albums. :D

You should make an album of your pigeon artwork on Pigeon Talk so we can enjoy them any time. What mediums do you work with?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Great drawing!! You are quite talented. Feel free to use any of my pictures in my album (my Picasa album that is). Maybe Betty Boop would make a good drawing, she's so big and fat and cute. There are some of babies, and lots of other varieties. Have fun!

Maggie, that picture of Lucas is just so sweet.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a beautiful sketch! You sure have talent, I wish I could draw like that. Feel free to use any photos in my albums. :D

You should make an album of your pigeon artwork on Pigeon Talk so we can enjoy them any time. What mediums do you work with?
Thank you guys :D
Sasha, I'll check out your albums, and yours too MJ. I'll also add Lucas to my list :D
I mostly use just plain pencils. Not even the fancy drawing pencils. Just my trusty Black Warrior pencils :p I've recently gotten brave enough to try colored pencils again. I have to take my time to get those to work well.

Also if you wanna see my other stuff, I raided my computer for all the pigeon and bird pictures I could find. So now all my scans are here:
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/album.php?albumid=419

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took a break from birds and finished up this that I started on a few hours ago.
I uploaded my best 'other' pictures too :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts