Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have been searching online for local pigeon rescues and am not finding any good links. On Thursday I found pigeon with a red non-marked band. It had been sitting on the sidewalk for hours, and didn't fly when I approached it or picked it up to bring him home. It was getting dark and I couldn't leave him there to be eaten by a coyote or a cat. He appears in good health if underweight. He is well-groomed but missing one tail brake feather. He is eating seed well, and I assume drinking water as well, although I've not seen him drink myself. I did make trickle noises with the water, and the dish is clean, heavy enough to perch upon, and the water an inch deep. Today he did fly a bit, which he couldn't do two days ago. I would love to keep him but am afraid I can't give him the attention he deserves. I would like to find a true rescue, not someone who will kill it.

I would appreciate any direction to good links or phone numbers for a pigeon rescue.

Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
southeast michigan, oakland county, usa

I am sorry I didn't give specific location in my first post.
I live in Ferndale and found the bird in Troy, Michigan, which is is Oakland county, Michigan, USA.

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts