Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm an eighteen year old college student studying to become a Veterinary Technician. I'm moving back to my home town located in California from San Diego on the 21st of May. I used to have a small flock of homing pigeons and I have raised several different kinds of baby birds who needed assistance including feral pigeons. I currently have no birds, but I am hoping to adopt a pigeon in need of a place to live and believe I can provide a healthy and loving pigeon home. If anyone has such a pigeon in their possession please contact me!
-Alexis:)

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Welcome to PT, Alexis.
Thank you for wanting to adopt a needy pigeon. They are many in need of a good, loving home.
Do you want a specific breed? If you don't find any birds near you I am willing to ship you (with no cost to you).

Reti

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thank you all for such quick responses! To answer Reti's question, no I'm not looking for a specific breed, but I do know I am hoping to have the bird be more of a pet and little companion then anything else. Also thank you Reti for offering to ship all the way to me with no cost! I am hoping to find something a bit closer though. Thank you Kevin for talking to people within your club that is very helpful! Sandiego, I also appreciate your response, but I don't know what a pm is! Haha the sad part is that its probably common knowledge, right?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have a couple of places for a pigeon to live. I have a large parrot cage that I can put indoors or I have a small outside loft which once held a of flock of eight. I'm not sure which one I should use yet. Or maybe I can use both? Sometimes it gets really hot outside in the central valley so on hot days maybe bring the pigeon indoors for comfort's sake. I do not currently have pictures, but I will try to get some before Thursday as I know it may put you at ease. I better prove I'm a good birdie owner!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hello! I'm an eighteen year old college student studying to become a Veterinary Technician. I'm moving back to my home town located in California from San Diego on the 21st of May. I used to have a small flock of homing pigeons and I have raised several different kinds of baby birds who needed assistance including feral pigeons. I currently have no birds, but I am hoping to adopt a pigeon in need of a place to live and believe I can provide a healthy and loving pigeon home. If anyone has such a pigeon in their possession please contact me!

i have 2 nice ready to breed hens that you can pick up. let me know when you can come and i'll give you my info.

kalapati
San Diego
http://bluebarloft.from-ca.com:81/Jview.htm

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just realized, I have another question! So how much do people usually charge for their birds? I have never bought/adopted any before, other then at the swap meet in my home town. My first few birds were gifts from a family friend so there was no payment involved.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I just realized, I have another question! So how much do people usually charge for their birds? I have never bought/adopted any before, other then at the swap meet in my home town. My first few birds were gifts from a family friend so there was no payment involved.
for pets you can get them from 0 to 45.00, something like that, for a rare breed or pair that is show quaility, you would pay alot more, just depends on how much you want to pay and what the breeder is asking....

·
Registered
6 Posts
fingers crossed

itoo am lookin to adopt a bird or tweny. lol i hope that ur search is successful. keep me posted .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I sure have talked to Sandiego in fact he/she has a PM waiting from me! He/she has been the most promising response I've gotten. Oh also I have a question! Would a large cardboard box with a towel in it be the best way to ship a pigeon on a four hour drive?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.