Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my name is Brant and I posted this topic in the birds for sale not realizing there was a adoption forum. I live in Johnson City, TN and am looking to adopt a female pigeon. I am a caring, and loving person especially with my animals and would give her a great home! I love birds of all kinds and have kept and bred white ringnecks, and have kept pigeons both domestic and fancy. My grandfather also used to raise and breed pigeons. I relocated to TN from Alabama and had to sell all my birds but now I am looking into getting another one to get started and am looking to adopt! The reason I want a female is because I would use her eggs to hand paint and decorate. So here I am, willing and able to give a female pigeon one of the greatest homes and will show her all the love I can! :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sounds good, wish you luck. You know, pigeons arn't like chickens, who will lay every day. Usually mateing has to stimulate egg production for pigeons. A hen may lay an egg alone, but not often. I had a homer in my loft for a long time, I always thought it was a male, because it never laied an egg, but after i lost a hen, i had a spare male, who started to court my homer who I thought was a male! turned out it was a hen all along, but since I had no free mate for it, it never layed. so I would adopt a pair.

·
Registered
864 Posts
find a thread made by reti .. see if she has something like that for adoption

1 - 6 of 6 Posts