Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been releasing some birds an hour before sunset and then a couple of the newer birds fail to return before dusk. What is the latest or best time to release birds? I work during the day and do not return home before 4:30.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hello,

Its not a good Idea to release birds for training tosses that late.
You should try and release them earlier.
Try and give them at least 2 hours before sunset.
That will give everybody a chance to return.

Hope this helps,
Good Luck

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi, you have to train them in the AM not an hour be for sunset are these birds gonna race in a pigeon club? can you take the birds for a training toss on your way to work if not maybe you can get up a little earlier and at least fly them so they can keep in shape

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, you have to train them in the AM not an hour be for sunset are these birds gonna race in a pigeon club? can you take the birds for a training toss on your way to work if not maybe you can get up a little earlier and at least fly them so they can keep in shape
Thank you for the advice, I appreciate any help. I let this years birds out again this evening around 5pm, most returned fine or with little trouble (May need more trap training or a different style of trap. Two birds sat on the roof of the coop until an hour before sunset 8:30pm, took off for a flight and never returned. It is frustrating because I know they are likely dead with owls on the area.
I may have to start training on the way to work, but it is beginning to be dark heading to work.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts