Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if I can keep my Pigeons any more. :(
I only have 6 racing homers, that I've had for a long time.
It's not their fault, it boils down to a personal+financial (Human) Situation.
I'm trying to weigh the benefits of keeping them, in my uncertian future,(going for broke, and doing what it takes...) or, letting them go to a better home. (secure-I Hope)
I know all about Racing, and how to get the best team, and all, but, That has'nt been my goal for a long time. I've kept these 6 pigeons in the hope that I could maybe start a race team, some day, but lately, it seems that all i've been doing is stringing them along. :(
I'm very close to giving them away to a good home, someone who cares about pigeons.
They have become family pets, and it's very difficult to make a decision weather to let them go to a good home, or not.
In the end, financial difficulties will dictate what will happen. (Hospital Bills)
If anyone out there would be interested in adopting my 6 pigeons, or untill things get better (Financially) for us, my wife and I would sure appreciate it. :)
Thankyou, ND Cooper

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm SO sorry to hear about your situation. I hope and pray things will resolve positively and you can keep your birds.

I know too well about having to find homes for pet pigeons, it will be difficult.

God bless you and yours. :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou.
It looks like we are going to move to a more affordable place to live, and it would be very hard to keep pigeons.
I'll be either working 2 jobs, or be on the road driving a truck, I won't be able to spend the same ammount of time with them as I have.
I hope that we can keep our dogs even.
I'll post in birds for adoption soon.
Thankyou very much, ND Cooper

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you never know you might find that affordable place and it have a nice shed out back that can be converted, 6 are not too many. As far as the hospital bills, what I have done is just pay what I can afford per month and leave it at that, they work with people all the time on this, just have to call and say hey this is all I can do and they will work with you. not sure about your situation, but if you do really feel that is for the best...Im sure all will work out for you and your well loved pets.....sorry you even have to think of doing it. hang in there.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are waiting to hear from them, it seems like it's taking too long.
There's not a lot of employment available in this small town, and my wife would like to be closer to her relatives when I'm gone working alot.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I'm wondering...can the birds go back to whomever you got them from? These are white release Pigeons...is that right?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charis, no they are not white, but blue, and they can't go back where they came from, thank's for the suggestion though.
Justice 543, I'll send you an e-mail.
ND Cooper

·
Registered
265 Posts
So sad to hear of your difficulties. While I can't do anything to help, please find some comfort in the fact that so many people the world over care about you, your family and your pigeons...and please don't lose heart totally; even if you have to give your beloved pigeons into someone else's care, there will surely be a brighter future when you can return to doing the things you love.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, It looks like I'm going to send my 6 to Georgia. Justice 543 has agreeded to adopt them.
I'm sure that they will have a good home. :)
I'm very, very sad to have them go, but what has to be, has to be. :(
Sometime, I hope to keep Pigeons again.
I am very sad, but on the other hand very happy to know that they will have a good home.
I've had my 6 pigeons for a long time.. It's like loseing part of me.
Thanks to Pigeon Talk, and it's members, and justice 543, my 6 will have a good home.
I hope that I'm still welcome on Pigeon Talk, once in a while, even though my Pigeons are somewhere else.
I feel like crap, like I let my pigeons down. :mad:
If theres a silver lining, it's that I've become a better man, because I've had the opertunity to know, and keep Pigeons.
ND Cooper

·
Registered
240 Posts
ND Cooper, I hope things are working out for you and the wife. Perhaps in the near future, things will begin to turn around for you and you may have the opportunity to keep pigeons again. When that happens, I'll be glad to send you a couple rollers to help get you started again. Some folks here have helped me and I sure want to keep the chain of helping others alive and well. Keep your head up and your nose in the wind friend.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thankyou, Tennman1
I haven't taken down the loft, yet. Every time that I look at it, :(

My backyard has lost a lot of life.

Sometimes the Morning Doves are around, wondering where my Pigeons are.

I'm sure that the neighborhood cats are wondering the same thing, at night.

Thankyou very much for the offer.

ND Cooper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts