Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
last sunday wasnt my day i lost 9 out of 13 birds on a 90 miles training tossed:rolleyes:, i think my youngbird season is over but one good thing thou that most of the birds came back breed from one female paired with diffrent male... it means i found my foundation female :D:D and i still have few young late hacth for next year old bird season....

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of these young birds :( , they may still return), don't give up hope and say a prayer for them.... as they may have been diverted due to weather conditions and/or predator, given that it was 9 birds.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I posted A WARNING about the up comming DOVE hunting season. If I were you I would check your state hunting laws to see their dates for dove hunting, Here in California it is 1-15 SEPT.What more can I say. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
last sunday wasnt my day i lost 9 out of 13 birds on a 90 miles training tossed:rolleyes:, i think my youngbird season is over......
There seems to be a bit of that going on.....one thing about YB's, is sooner or later, everyone at some point, will have a bad toss or a smash race. In some cases, it may be because they were not fit to train or race, and in some cases there are issues like dove "hunting" which often means a shooting gallery at whatever flies over head, or other such road hazards. It can be down right frustrating at times, but that appears to be all part of the process.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
If you have allready "RACED" your birds with your club or combine,or trained with other peoples birds,your birds could have YBS (young bird sickness)...When racing,it usally hits between the 2nd and 3rd race...This is a very common thing...But if you train or race these birds in this condition,you will lose most if not all of them....If any of your birds are up-chucking their feed,you have the YBS....Amoxycilin for E-coli,and ESB 3 for Cocci,are very good to help the YB`s out..There is no cure for YBS...The birds can die fro E-coli,brought on by the virus....Alamo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts