Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a short toss today my clan brought home a hitch hiker. he i assume, (big stout boy) was worn out. i quarantined him, gave water feed and nice place to sleep for the night. i would like to return him. i looked on the lost pigeon site but there was nothing. AU 2011 SPRC 2942. im assuming hes from either one of the local clubs in new orleans - gulfport area ???? just an assumption..... thought maybe i would put his info on here for the owner????

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the bird is SRPC and not SPRC.
Then will you please let me know what happens with it.
Mr Casey bought that band thats on its leg, if he gave it to somebody and cant figure out who then I could come get it and bring it to the club, somebody in my club shipped that bird to Jackson Ms. Saturday. I got more pigeons the second day than I did on race day, and was lucky to get most of mine back. You can check the race sheets and over half of our combine's birds wernt home on the day.
Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I talked to mr casey he didnt know who the bird was for but said he might have given that bird to a kid in new Orleans. he told me to release him, so I fed and watered him good and released him about 5 miles from my house near the interstate. well the bird just came back to my house. whatever u want to to is fine with me just let me know.

·
Registered
509 Posts
birds are in diamonhead ms now.
What birds are in Diamondhead?
Thanks for trying with the bird, if he didnt go to the race then I wouldnt know the owner either.
If he gave it to a kid in New Orleans it was/isnt far from home.
And if Mr Casey is not shure who he gave it too you will never find the owner.
Do you want the bird or just want him gone?
I know a man that works in metarie that would bring the bird here, but I dont need him and like I said if mr casey doesnt know who he gave it to for certain I could never find the owner either.
I wouldnt let him out again if I wanted him if I was you though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was sayin that I'm not in new Orleans anymore. I moved to diamondhead. that's where my birds are now.
well I let that bird go again and it came back from a total different direction. sooooo I don't mind him stayin here with my clan. it's no problem with me. he seems to fit in. nice healthy and stout. I may try and release him one more time closer to Slidell. if u know the veteran mr soulant he's an old friend of my grampas and I have a couple 2010 birds from his race team the I rehomed . I know it never guaranteed but has been fine for 4 months now. knock on wood. it's possible to rehome this bird from short distAnces at a time since he's already finding his way back here twice. if he goes home great! if not I'll take him an make sure he looked after. no issue either way.
as far as ur birds. man I would never make u pay for any birds c'mon na! if they come here I'll gladly holla atcha.
got a question though. u know anyone with a grizzle or silver hen? needs to be a hen.....?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just told mr casey he came back again. he's gonna look at some paper work and call me back. I told him the birds here if he can find the owner and I won't let the bird out anymore until, ya know what I'm sayin.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes I know Kenny Soulant, he has had some good birds. Hes not racing this year, but he may have a grizzle or silver hen. Or else Ill raise you some youngsters out of mine.
As far as the 2942 bird a beginner may take him if you dont want him.
I wouldnt dare take him to Slidell to let him go though, but if you had sucess rehoming pigeons he may come home for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no no I was sayin I would let him go in slidell to make his way back to his original home. but yes if u know anyone that would like him please let me know. I was gonna talk to mr Kenny about that but his wife recently passed an I didn't wanna jump at him for more favors than he's already done for me. him and my grandpa go way back. as well as my pops. the more I think about it though almost all his birds are blues or checks. I've seen 1 silver in his racing team and maybe 1or 2 grizzles in his breeders. i am tryin to get a hen either silver red or grizzle. has to be hen though. as I said before all I really have is cocks. another guy I thought to ask was mr Nestor. he's in Covington. he gave me a silver and a grizzle a long time ago. cool cat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nestor had a bad year as well. He's not racing either. Do you know Clay Clement? I just got into pigeons this year. I have 2 silver pigeons on my yb team and thats the only silvers here and no guarantee that they'll make it home every yb race, they made it this time but not fast. I have a grizzle hen that I'll be breeding this year and I can give you some youngsters.
Maybe you know Mr Frank Weaver, him or Mr Clay may sale you a bird but getting birds from them may be as hard as pulling hens teeth. Or they may want an arm, leg, and ten pints of blood. LOL
All that being said they both gave me pigeons.
If you want thier phone numbers I can pm them too you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok cool. I've heard the name frank weaver. that would be fine. I appreciate the offer on the grizzle hatches. if I don't get one before then I may take u up on the offer. I just really would love a hen that's ready for breeding. im strictly a hobbiest when it comes to my birds. been in my family for a long time. :) i just do releases with my lil girl and we time em and watchem. just love the animal. personalities are great. I would like to call the two gentleman u mentioned as long as they wouldn't mind u giving me there number??? I appreciate the help bratha'

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.