Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gray and white pigeon with 2 blue bands on it's legs. It is sitting on my wall outside of the house. It doesn't appear to be injured in any way. My neighbor told meit has been there for 2 days and keeps flying into our windows, which are reflective so I assume it thinks it's another bird. I'm not sure what to do, it doesn't fly away when I go out but I tried to approach it and it flew onto the roof. Should I leave it alone? We've had heavy rains for a couple of days but again, it appears to be well.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I have a gray and white pigeon with 2 blue bands on it's legs. It is sitting on my wall outside of the house. It doesn't appear to be injured in any way. My neighbor told meit has been there for 2 days and keeps flying into our windows, which are reflective so I assume it thinks it's another bird. I'm not sure what to do, it doesn't fly away when I go out but I tried to approach it and it flew onto the roof. Should I leave it alone? We've had heavy rains for a couple of days but again, it appears to be well.
Can you tell us where you are? If the bird is flying into the window, it's trying to get in. If you could lure it somehow into a carrier of some kind and give us the band info, we could help find the owner.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Kokomo,

Are you able to take him with you and put it inside? he is probably a tame bird and that is the reason that is not afraid to you, please provide some food seeds if you have and some water, and if you can take a picture would be even better that way we can check how is he doing, and his poop also, you mentioned that he has 2 blue bands means probably that someone owns this bird, when you catch it would you check the bands number and post it here? Thank you so much for been there for him, we have many experts that can probably help you finding the owner and if is not an owner around even a new home for him...

Thank you again and please let us know what happen after that.

Ivette

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Kokomo,

Thank you for been concerned about this pigeon, you should catch him and bring him inside, he is obviously a tame bird since is not afraid of you, and you mentioned he has a two bands, please post the numbers and some members here will help you to find the owner, also if is a way that you can give him food and water while we find out who is the owner would be the best, you can give him bird seeds, also would be good if you post a pic of him and we can make sure that he is doing fine and don't have something else.
Thanks again, I tried to post it before and for some reason it desappear... I hope you can read me now, so please let us know what happen.

Ivette

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Please bring the bird inside and then we can help you find the owner.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Can a moderator move this to the appropriate forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts