Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gyus,
Again me in a sad situation. One of my pigeons, the only one that can fly, it escaped my home on last friday morning. He wore his diaper - sort of a dress which collects the poo, because he flies around in my house freely. He hasn't come back yet, I thought he would stay around, but I don't see him anywhere. I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't for this diaper - I am afraid that he might get stuck somewhere because of it. Any experience, any sugestion what to do? I am really desperate. I am even thinking to hire a helicopter to make a tour on the roofs, but I am not sure if this is possible.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear that...

Our first goal is to spot him.
Try to daily look for him all around the neighborhood (at different hours) especially in areas attended by feral pigeons (do you know if someone feeds them?). Instinctively he should follow the other birds (for food, water, etc).
As he is wearing a pigeon pant he is easily recognizable. As far as possible try to look even on balconies, window sills, streetlights, etc other than on sidewalk, etc.

Bring with you some seeds to attract him in case you see him (if there are other pigeons try to attract them too, he could join them).
If you don't see him try to enlarge (in concentric circles) the area of the research.

Does he have a partner? If yes and if they are a solid pair that could be a valid reason for coming back home on his own.
Last summer accidentally my PMV pigeon Marshall flew away (something scared him - he easily gets in panic - and he flew against the mosquito door... The door suddenly opened and he found himself on the balcony 😱). It was Friday. We started to look for him around the neighborhood. We spot him in different places in the neighborhood: on the sidewalk, on two different buildings, on the balcony of a person who feeds pigeons, at the beach (he looked very scared!). On Monday morning he came back home!!! We found him on our balcony: a real miracle! We are sure he found the way to come back home for his wife Apple! They love soo much each other and support each other in all situations.
So never lose hope! Miracles could happen!

I also want to add that. If your neighborhood is not hostile to pigeons you could put missing notices around it. Try to choose high traffic places and stuff like traffic lights (people are required to stop next to them), etc. You could offer a small reward, that could encourage people to help you.

Keep us updated.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear that...

Our first goal is to spot him.
Try to daily look for him all around the neighborhood (at different hours) especially in areas attended by feral pigeons (do you know if someone feeds them?). Instinctively he should follow the other birds (for food, water, etc).
As he is wearing a pigeon pant he is easily recognizable. As far as possible try to look even on balconies, window sills, streetlights, etc other than on sidewalk, etc.

Bring with you some seeds to attract him in case you see him (if there are other pigeons try to attract them too, he could join them).
If you don't see him try to enlarge (in concentric circles) the area of the research.

Does he have a partner? If yes and if they are a solid pair that could be a valid reason for coming back home on his own.
Last summer accidentally my PMV pigeon Marshall flew away (something scared him - he easily gets in panic - and he flew against the mosquito door... The door suddenly opened and he found himself on the balcony 😱). It was Friday. We started to look for him around the neighborhood. We spot him in different places in the neighborhood: on the sidewalk, on two different buildings, on the balcony of a person who feeds pigeons, at the beach (he looked very scared!). On Monday morning he came back home!!! We found him on our balcony: a real miracle! We are sure he found the way to come back home for his wife Apple! They love soo much each other and support each other in all situations.
So never lose hope! Miracles could happen!

I also want to add that. If your neighborhood is not hostile to pigeons you could put missing notices around it. Try to choose high traffic places and stuff like traffic lights (people are required to stop next to them), etc. You could offer a small reward, that could encourage people to help you.

Keep us updated.
Hi Colombina, Thank you so much for your words and support. Miracles never happen to me. I don't see him anywhere and I walk with my head constantly looking for him. He doens't have a partner, he is 3 months old and I hoped he is enough attached to me not to escape far away from the neighborhood, but I really don"t see him anywhere. There is one other pigeon who frequently comes around our building and I hoped that the mine will stay with him together, but no. The other one comes and hangs around and mine no trace, nothing .... I have put posters in the neighborhood and in some shops, I keep seeds outside, and with me always, I tried to klimb on the roof, but it is dangerous, now it is cold and frozen, I called the fire department to see if I can climb on the roof with their help, but they said they won't come even If I pay. I am helpless and hopeless. I think of hiring drone services, just that I don't know what I am supposed to learn with the drone if we don't find him.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm very sorry but please don't lose hope.
Maybe something scared him and he flew far away from your home. I would try to look for him in the nearby neighborhoods too (just widen the area of your research in concentric circles around your neighborhood).

About the reward here often people just write "reward" or "small reward". I think that each one decides the amount according to his/her own personal situation.
Considered the inflation and all the difficulties of this hard period even a smaller amount of money could encourage people to help you. There are a lot of altruistic people around: reward is only an "incentive" to get more help.

Please keep us updated.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm very sorry but please don't lose hope.
Maybe something scared him and he flew far away from your home. I would try to look for him in the nearby neighborhoods too (just widen the area of your research in concentric circles around your neighborhood).

About the reward here often people just write "reward" or "small reward". I think that each one decides the amount according to his/her own personal situation.
Considered the inflation and all the difficulties of this hard period even a smaller amount of money could encourage people to help you. There are a lot of altruistic people around: reward is only an "incentive" to get more help.

Please keep us updated.
I offered 300 euro and we will see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts