Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found a blue banded white pigeon in a corner by the door at the Discovery Channel headquarters, by the intersection of Georgia and Colesville, in Silver Sprind, MD. I'm at work, so I couldn't grab him, but I took him a deep dish of water. Google says they get thirsty, so I found a hamburger-sized plastic clamshell container and put water in that.

I told the building security, who said they would call the building engineer, who would call animal control.

He seems ok for now, just chilling in the corner. We let me put the dish in front of him (like maybe a foot or 2 away....was worried about scaring him off), and by the time I went outside, he was drinking and looking happy, not puffed out like he was before.

If anyone sees this or if you're his family, please come grab the little guy.

He's super cute and seems to like people.

P.S. The password requirements here are prohibitively obnoxious, when you're just trying to help a poor lost bird. I gave up and just started typing random characters just get the thing to let me in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe he was just thirsty and needed a drink, because the security guard who sits near that window thinks he flew away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He doesn’t look in good shape, if he comes back please catch him and keep him inside.
Yeah, when I gave him water earlier, he stretched out his neck, opened his eyes wide, and looked like a perfectly normal, handsome, happy bird, but I'm no birdologist. ;)

If I see him again, I'll do what I can. It's tough when you're at work, on a short break, plus having no car....can't exactly haul him home on the train to my house with 4 cats.

His water dish is still outside with water in it, so if he comes back he still has more to drink. I didn't know at the time that I was doing it right, but by dumb luck I got him a nice, deep container, with as much water as I could get in there (splooshed a little while walking, it was so full) so he could suck up water easily.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
If he returns please cage him and people here will try to help. He mat ge a released bird from a wedding release company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts