Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Betty Boop and her mate Charley have welcomed a new addition to their family. . .Buddy, whose mate Bernadette passed away earlier this year. Buddy (a hen) has attached herself to Betty Boop and Charley and they have accepted her with open arms. All three cuddle and coo together in their little cubby. I had to get some pics:

"Okay ladies, I'm off for some lunch. . ."

"Do I know you?"

"Yeah, I'm Buddy, I just moved in with you guys. You don't have a problem with polygamy right?"

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"No, that's fine. But this is my side of the cubby. "
"I'm back, ladies."

"I'll just snuggle in here. I love having two wives. It's very warm."

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's funny! That should last until Buddy finds herself another mate. It could get a little crowded in there. LOL.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Funny, MJ!!

Many thanks for the pictures!!

Obviously, in this case, "three's a crowd" translates to "Three's COZY!" :D

Wishing them all the best with Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi :)

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Oh, how cute.
That is so nice he was accepted by the couple.

Reti

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's hilarious since Buddy is a hen and Betty Boop is a hen, and Buddy goes everywhere Betty goes. When Betty Boop is laying on the egg (she always lays eggs and then they sit off to the side, I don't think she's ever actually hatched one), Buddy sits in with her. Then when Betty Boop gets out and Charlie gets in, Buddy gets out too and sits on top of the cubby.

In the big aviary there is another triangle going on with Silver Bells from NY, her mate, and another youngish male. The three of them sleep together, eat together, and preen each other, all in their big open cage/nest. Silly birds. :p

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Those guys are so funny. I would love to know what goes on in their little heads.

Reti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts