Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my man and son keep pigeons one hen has a large lump just above her tail , its getting bigger and feels hard when run my hand over it .she is eating and drinking ok , crooing wen you talk to her but her wings are drooping and dosent try to fly. i would be very glad if anyone give me any advice what might be wrong with her ?

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
If it is where the body meets the tail feathers, it would seem to be where the preen gland is located. If so, maybe enlarged or clogged, maybe another problem with it. That's only a suggestion though.

There is a thread here about an enlarged preen gland which may or may not give you any indication. Personally, I'd be inclined get her checked by a reasonably bird-knowledgeable vet

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=29773&highlight=preen+gland

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you , have looked at other thread and dont think its same her lump isnt coloured and is about half size of ping pong ball, i think its actually inside her i am gonna take her to vet and see what they say .

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Sounds like that's the best bet, provided the vet is familiar with pigeons - and doesn't simply suggest having her PTS!

They can get various lumps, and tumors, of course, poor little things.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts