Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I quess they would be fine for a few birds but if you have a number of birds I would want someting that holds more so I only have to change it once a day and the water doesnt get stale or hot in the summer.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
you don't want them to...that way the birds get fresh water everyday like they are supposed to..without having stagnet water which the large water drinkers do.

I have large drinkers and change them daily, Stagnent water has nothing to do with the size of the drinker but I get your point I think " atleast with these drinkers even a lazy keeper will not have stagnent water "??

Sangha - I like them I had ones similar but I now only put one round hole in them, That way they waterers get less dust in them and there is less chance of a pigeon pooping in them.

They will work fine though!!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've used something similar. I just leave mine on top of the aviary wire and any water that comes out spills to the ground. Cheap and very effective. Every week or two, I throw the milk gallon out and cut holes in a new one.

Never going to stop drinking milk so why not? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
How much water do they hold? If they don't hold enough than the birds could run out of water. Even with large waterers, people can change the water daily. You just don't have to worry about them running out of water.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have large drinkers and change them daily, Stagnent water has nothing to do with the size of the drinker but I get your point I think " atleast with these drinkers even a lazy keeper will not have stagnent water "??

Sangha - I like them I had ones similar but I now only put one round hole in them, That way they waterers get less dust in them and there is less chance of a pigeon pooping in them.

They will work fine though!!!
s

exactly, I use one of the big store boughts at colonial williamsburg and only fill it not even half full, seems like a waste of a big water drinker, it is one of those bullet waterers..and then I do have to scrub it out...with the the reused milk jugs you just chunk them and make new ones.. Iam lazy in that reguard..lol..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.