Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am a NYS Licensed Rehabber, but after "Hurricane Baby Season" I came up to visit may family in Maine. My brother in a building contractor and found a few baby pigeon nests that could not be relocated and I have been raising the pigeons (3). They are just about ready for soft release.

Is there a rehabber in Maine who can help me by soft releasing? I am not in a location where there is a substantial flock (suburbs of Portland).

Neither of the rehab centers I have contacted do soft releases (York Center and Avian Haven).

I can't bring them back to New York as it is illegal to bring wildlife across state lines.

I will drive anywhere in Maine to get my sweet trio in good hands for a soft release!

I don't know if I can post a picture, but I'll try to show you one I raised from about 3 days old.

Thank you so much!

Bronwyn
(Did the pic attachment come through?)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Pigeons rant protected by any wild life law since they are feral. Technically all you would need would be 10 day health certificate from a vet to go across state lines. I move animals in a van and have never been asked to present the certificate to anyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts