Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help i adore my sweet one year old dove most the time he is very quite and loving i had a problem with him cooing alot but you too put his cage in the bathroom snd he stopped for about a month now he has started up again only more cooing very loudly i live in a apt he gets plenty of attention and has other birds to keep him company i am retired so he gets plenty of tlc he is my emotional support pet i really need help and suggestions

thank you

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's not a good idea to put him in the bathroom, that will only be a temporary fix, and later he will be worse.
He's cooing because he want a mate,
its good he has other birds to keep him company, but isolating him will cause psychological damage.
Get him a female mate and he will probable be very happy.

Hope This Helps

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a good idea to put him in the bathroom, that will only be a temporary fix, and later he will be worse.
He's cooing because he want a mate,
its good he has other birds to keep him company, but isolating him will cause psychological damage.
Get him a female mate and he will probable be very happy.

Hope This Helps

Good Luck
unfourntunitly i live in a apt with pet restrictions also i talked to the breeder i adopted him from and have read on line that they coo as much with a mate any other suggestions would be welcomed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of cage or coop do you put him in?
he has a large cage he is out in the apt alot with me he is my emotional support pet i try mot to pet him alot

i removed some things off the floor he yells in the am for a while and settles down then afternoon he yells for awhile and then settles down i turn on tv in my room then night he sleeps on me and when i am ready he goes in his cage ir house as i call it he is my emotional support pet for ptsd at night

hope that helps

diane d

·
Registered
82 Posts
he has a large cage he is out in the apt alot with me he is my emotional support pet i try mot to pet him alot

i removed some things off the floor he yells in the am for a while and settles down then afternoon he yells for awhile and then settles down i turn on tv in my room then night he sleeps on me and when i am ready he goes in his cage ir house as i call it he is my emotional support pet for ptsd at night

hope that helps

diane d
Unfortunately, at the end of the day, he is a male pigeon and once they are of age, they will coo.. this is actually a good thing, it means he is healthy and looking for a mate (or he sees you as his mate). I don’t think there’s a way to make him stop cooing for good, to ask him to stop cooing would be to ask him to stop being a pigeon. It’s just what comes with pigeons. The best you can do in your power to keep it to a minimum would be to make sure he has plenty of mental stimulation (like toys, playing games, or maybe it would be fun for you to teach him some tricks! Pigeons are very intelligent) and keep down the association of you as a possible mate (such as no petting his back, as I think you said you try not to). I would be very worried about his well-being if he DIDN’T coo much, honestly, so know you have taken good care of him. If you absolutely need a quieter companion pigeon, the females are known to be much quieter!

·
Registered
17 Posts
help i adore my sweet one year old dove most the time he is very quite and loving i had a problem with him cooing alot but you too put his cage in the bathroom snd he stopped for about a month now he has started up again only more cooing very loudly i live in a apt he gets plenty of attention and has other birds to keep him company i am retired so he gets plenty of tlc he is my emotional support pet i really need help and suggestions

thank you
Hi there had same issue w/rehomed(to me) my darling Princess Perfect Precious Face Previous owner couldn't take the cooing which would grow louder and more desperate all night I knew that she was trying to tell me something as her panic escalated Through Love Trial and error we helped each other figure some of my mistakes 1)Do not exile or isolate bird from YOU do give her own space away from rest of flock near YOU Do not cover her totally she needs to see YOU Speak softly and let her know Mommy is going to help Quietly read bedtime story Have Alexa play newborn lullaby loop Let her watch tv with you and try low watt full spectrum night light last but not least do not close and look cage door completely Trust her leave door open a crack show her she is not locked in Do you regular pm routine snack watch tv check phone and just glance over at tell her Shhhh baby mommy here it took time but now Princess Precious Face goes to sleep before I do!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there had same issue w/rehomed(to me) my darling Princess Perfect Precious Face Previous owner couldn't take the cooing which would grow louder and more desperate all night I knew that she was trying to tell me something as her panic escalated Through Love Trial and error we helped each other figure some of my mistakes 1)Do not exile or isolate bird from YOU do give her own space away from rest of flock near YOU Do not cover her totally she needs to see YOU Speak softly and let her know Mommy is going to help Quietly read bedtime story Have Alexa play newborn lullaby loop Let her watch tv with you and try low watt full spectrum night light last but not least do not close and look cage door completely Trust her leave door open a crack show her she is not locked in Do you regular pm routine snack watch tv check phone and just glance over at tell her Shhhh baby mommy here it took time but now Princess Precious Face goes to sleep before I do!
Ps my baby turned out to be a male but cooing issue was resolved before I knew she was a he!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts