Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have a pair of pigeons who are mates, and i have a wood box where i put them in.

they were getting together when i just bought them

now the female kicks the male out of the wood box when they go to sleep

BTW: a cat tried to eat them 2 days ago

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
If a cat almost got them, then I would try to make it safer where you keep them. Nothing should be able to get at them.
Are you sure she is kicking him out? It's normal for the hen to spend the night in the box and the male normally likes to roost outside the box, but within sight of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If a cat almost got them, then I would try to make it safer where you keep them. Nothing should be able to get at them.
Are you sure she is kicking him out? It's normal for the hen to spend the night in the box and the male normally likes to roost outside the box, but within sight of it.
No, i am not sure she is kicking him but when i just got them the male didnt go out

he came out only after the cat came

Thank You

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Where are they kept? Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
If they are domestic birds they cannot live in a box tied in a tree. They need some kind of loft or coop where they can be locked in safe at night, and a wired aviary to go outside into the fresh air and sunshine, where you can set up a bath for them to enjoy. They aren't safe in a tree. Ferals live in flocks because they are safer that way. 2 pigeons aren't safe outside. Something will get them, or they will leave.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they are domestic birds they cannot live in a box tied in a tree. They need some kind of loft or coop where they can be locked in safe at night, and a wired aviary to go outside into the fresh air and sunshine, where you can set up a bath for them to enjoy. They aren't safe in a tree. Ferals live in flocks because they are safer that way. 2 pigeons aren't safe outside. Something will get them, or they will leave.
Where are you located?
I am living in dubai

i dont want to put them in a closed loft because i want to train them to fly all day and come at night, i dont actually know if it was right or no

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Well they probably won't last long then. A pair of pigeons isn't safe outside flying free. They need to live in a flock. By getting domestic pigeons and putting them outside, you are putting them in danger. You are supposed to keep safe any animal you keep. If you care about them, then why put them in danger?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts