Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago i bought 2 pairs of pigeons one pair is fine and have made a nest and currently on eggs.

the other pair mated sadly the female died a couple days after so we bought another female pigeon the next day and put it in with the male i am 100 percent sure it's female i had that thing done to make sure it was a female. Anyway now the problem is they fight and wont become friends.

please help ASAP!:):confused:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
A few weeks ago i bought 2 pairs of pigeons one pair is fine and have made a nest and currently on eggs.

the other pair mated sadly the female died a couple days after so we bought another female pigeon the next day and put it in with the male i am 100 percent sure it's female i had that thing done to make sure it was a female. Anyway now the problem is they fight and wont become friends.

please help ASAP!:):confused:
What thing did you have done?

"If" it's a hen some times they just don't like each other.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
You may have two males, or they need more space and/or time.

I'm curious as to why the female died??? I would be careful bringing new birds in the loft. They should be isolated for at least a month to make sure they are healthy.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Sounds like two males.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know for sure they are male and female the male coos when i lock him up but he doesnt seem to show intrest (theyre pakistani high flyers)

·
Banned
569 Posts
i know for sure they are male and female the male coos when i lock him up but he doesnt seem to show intrest (theyre pakistani high flyers)
No one can sex a pigeon 100% without prior history, DNA sexing comes close though and that is as accurate as you are going to get without the presence of eggs from the hen. Some hens act like cock birds and some cock birds can act more "henish" . You learn this from buying and getting pigeons for a few years. I've had so many hens that were not and cock birds that where supposed to be hens. It happens. Learn to be patient, the pigeons know what sex they are and have their own timetable and match making and mating instincts of their own choices. Relax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts