Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i posted a thread a couple days ago about my pigeon snowball's hawk attack. She has recovered really well, she is as good as new. although her personality has changed quite a bit.
Snowball has always been bonded to me. But since her attack she has been a lot more "clingy" i can't leave the room without her following me. She seems to be a lot more careful. she is a lot more sensitive to things above her now. she does live in the house with me she's never really flown in a flock or been in a coop with other pigeons (so she bonded to me). but when she does go outside, other birds flying above scare her, she always looks up at the sky.
I may be over analyzing this but usually pigeons have this "clapping" sound when they take off for flight, snowball doesn't have this anymore. i didn't realize this until today when i watched her youtube videos with her flying outside. . you can clearly hear her take off. now you don't hear much when she flies.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Your pigeon learned to be hawk aware--or to be hawk stealth. Pigeon clapping is a courting behavior--it is either "look at me" sound or victory clap after mating. It is to get attention. Now your pigeon don't like to that to attract attention from predators. Usually in my experience clapping sound is produced by males. Are you sure your bird is a female?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Your pigeon learned to be hawk aware--or to be hawk stealth. Pigeon clapping is a courting behavior--it is either "look at me" sound or victory clap after mating. It is to get attention. Now your pigeon don't like to that to attract attention from predators. Usually in my experience clapping sound is produced by males. Are you sure your bird is a female?
i have seen it in both male and female.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts