Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have a few sick birds with respiratory infection so i have been giving them Terramycin (antibiotics) for the past 7 days (i will do the treatment for 10 days) but everytime i feed them i give them garlic mixed in with their food cause i heard that it cleans out their blood so i thought that it might be good for them while they are sick, my question is, Does the garlic filter out the medecine? should i stop giving them garlic while im giving them the antibiotics?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Active ingredience in garlic do interact with antibiotic. It is not good to mix them.
Oxytetracycline treatment is 7~14 days. Often there is resistance on this drug so if you don't see improvement switch to something else. It binds with calcium, you should remove any grit and other sources of calcium.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've had the best results treating respiratory infections with Doxy-T, which is a combination of Doxycycline and Tylan. Most of the pigeon supply houses sell a version of it (Foy's, Global, Siegels, Jedd's). I like the Australian Pigeon Company's Doxy-T product best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts