Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
very nice looking bird and it really pisses me off when people dont band their birds ,not that they ever seem to want them back when they do :eek:

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was really hoping the photos would show the gorgeous color that she is .. will have to take some more when I get a moment. She really is a lovely bird and these pics don't do her justice. I think she's some type of Tumbler .. has dainty little muffs on her feet to go with that cute little crest.

Terry

G

·
Well, Blondie's crest and muffs don't stand up to those of that gorgeous show bird. Still .. I think she's lovely and am happy to have her.

Terry
althought she looks a little angry right now I do agree with you that shes a lovely looking bird ;) and variety is the spice of life :D

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Isn't she lovely! Can't wait to see who she pairs up with. :p

very nice looking bird and it really pisses me off when people dont band their birds ,not that they ever seem to want them back when they do :eek:
I always thought this too, until I started using snap-on bands on some of my incoming rescues that were unbanded. That is, until two of them got their toes stuck under the bands which luckily I caught. Not saying it happens with all birds and all bands, because it certainly doesn't, but it makes me nervous just the same. That's why I try extra hard to make sure no one escapes. :eek: Not that they're ever trying lol.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Well, Blondie's crest and muffs don't stand up to those of that gorgeous show bird

Our vet took in a gorgeous fancy squeaker with muffs and a 2005 ring :confused:...the owner was contacted and said that if the bird was brought back to him he would wring its neck. The bird is very sweet and tame.

I suspect that some fancy pigeons that don't meet the grade have their rings removed and are "released" to fend for themselves.

Cynthia

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I believe there are some highfliers that look similar to her.

But regardless, she's very, very pretty!

·
Registered
115 Posts
banded vs. unbanded birds

Our vet took in a gorgeous fancy squeaker with muffs and a 2005 ring :confused:...the owner was contacted and said that if the bird was brought back to him he would wring its neck. The bird is very sweet and tame.

I suspect that some fancy pigeons that don't meet the grade have their rings removed and are "released" to fend for themselves.

Cynthia
lindylou: You are absolutely right, and that is exactly what some pigeon owners do with birds that get lost or don't place as winners. They donot want them back and look at them as "losers" deserviing of death. See book "Pigeons-From Revered to Reviled"-by Andrew W. Blechman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts