Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked this beauty up at the After Hours c1inic yesterday. Anima1 Contro1 brought him in when someone found him wandering on a busy street. He can't f1y but otherwise seems well. Vets said no wings are broken and they believe he may have hit something and is just bruised and sore.

No bands so no way to find his owner. Any idea what he is?

PS - In case my l's look funny, the key froze when I started so I used 1's. :)

Attachments

· Registered
13,150 Posts
Very pretty bird, Maggie. Love the eyes.

· Registered
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what breed it is, but it's pretty. The tail looks too short. Are the feathers in the process of growing out or what?
Renee, don't know what is going on with his tail feathers. Best I could see, he only has about 3 and they are short but don't appear to be cut. We'll just have to wait for them to grow back out.

Thank you for your comments. He is very tame but I have noticed that most of these little tumblers/rollers are. We have Katrina and Cosmo who are similar and they are ultra sweet.

I'm thinking it is a girl but not sure. Vinnie acts like it is when he flies on top of the cage but he does that to shoes too so I don't put too much reliance on his sex ID's. :p

Anyhow, he will become one of our "keepers" after his isolation ends.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
I am so glad that you confirmed you were going to keep Magic. There is nowhere that you could release her. The hawks are after them all the time.

She is precious, and like magic she has made it to Tarheel General. She looks like a tiny lil thing. Is she?

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
is he possibly a polish flyer?(sorry dont know exact name)hes stunning whatever he is
It sure is a gorgeous pigeon! Glad s/he is a 'keeper', Maggie :)

Think maybe Tux is close - not that I know breeds, but the eyes look right for some kind of highflier. Nearest I could find a good pic of is a 'Ukranian skycutter' (never 'eard of 'em!)

John

· Registered
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Magic weighed 276 grams and is smaller than a feral. Very compact little body.

Lokota, thank you for the pictures and link. I do believe that is what our new baby is.

Could/would someone explain to me the difference between a tippler/roller/tumbler?

· Registered
20,303 Posts
Magic weighed 276 grams and is smaller than a feral. Very compact little body.

Lokota, thank you for the pictures and link. I do believe that is what our new baby is.

Could/would someone explain to me the difference between a tippler/roller/tumbler?
one tips, one rolls, and the other tumbles.:p...I dunno...LOL..I think it is how they do their acrobatics in the air...and then you have the highflyers. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.