Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post your links and short description in this thread, for consideration for inclusion in Useful Links for Fanciers.

This is not for members' own websites - there is a sticky for these under 'General Discussions' at THIS LOCATION

·
Registered
96 Posts
It would be nice if this program could provide a list of all members by state and city or zip code. I would like to know what members live near me.
thank you. Bill Garbarino

·
Registered
624 Posts
They already do. They can't force people to show where they live. It's a matter of privacy. Would you like someone that you don't know know where you live? I wouldn't

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
It would be nice if this program could provide a list of all members by state and city or zip code. I would like to know what members live near me.
thank you. Bill Garbarino
You can just ask if anyone lives near your location/area. If your willing to give out more about your location, people can Private Message you if they are close by, or post their location in the thread. Just another option.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, how? The members list shows an alphabetical roster by user name. I would like to see a list sorted by state so that I could communicate with nearby people that also have pigeons and possibly buy, sell, or trade from or with them. So, how do I get to this list which you say exists. Bill

·
Registered
624 Posts
I didn't mean aas a list like you said exists. Make a thread, say anyone live near blah blah and ask them to pm you. Thats all. No need to et into even harder work for the Mods. out there.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The "Members List" is set up to only give the members handle used on PT. We do not give out personal information past that. Read the threads on a daily basis and if you find someone from your area by the info listed on the right hand side iof their post, click on that person's name and it will take you to the persons personal page that may, or may not give you more info.

Or you can try using the method I suggested earlier. I can all but guarantee that we would never set up a list like you are suggesting. Too much work, too much time, and to much personal information given out! We currently have about 27,000 members so the task would be mind boggling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts