Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bird at an auction online, and was looking to find out the race results. This bird, I was told races in the Mercedes classic. I have been to the site and can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone help me to determine the stats of the race?

Description

CBS MERCEDES CLASSIC BIRD 08 M. SMITH 8518 BB COCK

CBS MERCEDES CLASSIC BIRD 08 M. SMITH 8518 BB COCK.

THIS BIRD FLEW EITHER THE MERCEDES CLASSIC OR THE TEXAS GUSHER. FOR RESULTS AND BREEDER VISIT WWW.CBSPIGEON.COM WHERE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE RESULTS. THE BIRD COMES AS IS WITH NO PEDIGREE UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. A VERY NICE GROUP OF BIRDS THAT JUST MAY BE WHERE YOU FIND AN OUTSTANDING BREEDER. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE WORLD OF WINGS THANKS TO THE OWNERS AND RICK MARDIS AT CBS FOR DONATING THESE BIRDS FOR OUR BENIFIT. CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A LARGE PHOTO OF EACH BIRDS EYE.GOOD LUCK BIDDING. SEX NOT GUARENTEED.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well, I'm nosy, so I started looking........I can't find this birds number anywhere. I found an 8418, BC and I found Michael and Susan Smith, which are the ones who had these type bands, but that number isn't listed anywhere that I can find............:confused:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I emailed CBS and this is what I got from them. LOL

I don't see any results for it either. Maybe it wasn't activated. It was originally entered in the Texas Gusher.

Regards
Steve
CBS
Well, either way, the ad was false........glad you didn't pay a lot of money for it........but it MIGHT be the best thing since sliced bread!!! Ya never know!!

G

·
yeah sounds like you got snookered there , next time you might want to look up the results before you by the bird lol ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
eyespyer,

Give it a shot, some of the best overall fliers and breeders I ever had, never won a race. Consistancy is what I look for, do the progeny consistantly do better that what I already have. It's the only way I know if a nic on the family worked! I don't always look at the winner but at the top 10-20%, and I manage to win my share of races.

Ralph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts