Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around the web and found this:
http://www.pigeongram.com/homingpigeon.html

Anyone seen this site before? So let me get this straight, you pay them to print your message, stick it on the bird, in which they release however far away, it flies back to them, and the message is given to the receiver? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of point to it :p I could understand if you had homing pigeons, and you went on vacation or something with a few birds...then released one every so often with a message for home.
I don't know, just sounds like an easy way to make money to me (if people actually pay for it).

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Interesting find, Becky. It's actually pretty clever .. no birds really risked and the people purchasing this service probably think they've found an absolutely great way to impress someone. I doubt the company gets much business, but it's clever (as I already said :eek:). As long as they get those "confirmation" messages to the recipient I think they've got it made.

Terry

Edit: Just adding that I like the fact that this guy or gal lists the range of AU bands they use and tell people to contact them if one of their birds is found.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts

Anyone seen this site before? So let me get this straight, you pay them to print your message, stick it on the bird, in which they release however far away, it flies back to them, and the message is given to the receiver? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of point to it :p I could understand if you had homing pigeons, and you went on vacation or something with a few birds...then released one every so often with a message for home.
I don't know, just sounds like an easy way to make money to me (if people actually pay for it).
Hey, it's only $24.95 and it's framed !!

Now, if I could only sell small little packets of "Carrier Pigeon Droppings", as special occasion gifts, then perhaps that circus guy was really right ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My friend sold a plastic bottle of fresh air collected at the Hotel Del Coronado on ebay for $5.00 + shipping....You can sell ANYTHING!

P.T. Barnum rules apply...

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, reminds me of the time I tried to bring snow home in a box from the mountains. That...didn't work so well :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
When we go to Big Bear ski trips we allways pray for snow so we can drive down the freeway to San Diego with snow on the hood...(It's the little things that makes life fun)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ahhhhh Big Bear, been years since I have been there. Snow on the hood, how I remember that. We used to go every year and many times came home with snow all over the car. Sorry, ya'll sparked my memories.

Ok, down to business, I have a piece of the Berlin wall for sale, actually two pieces, but I want to keep one for my collection of different things.....what am I bid?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ooops, sorry, ya'll will have to bid while I'm gone to Canada for a few days. If the bid gets over $100,000, I'll have my wife send the airplane in to bring a sattelite phone and we can close the deal.
Later,:
d
Jim

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Ahhhhh Big Bear, been years since I have been there. Snow on the hood, how I remember that. We used to go every year and many times came home with snow all over the car. Sorry, ya'll sparked my memories.

Ok, down to business, I have a piece of the Berlin wall for sale, actually two pieces, but I want to keep one for my collection of different things.....what am I bid?
WHAT? You haven't gone to eBay?? You should know that we pigeon people spend all our money on our birds! BTW, good luck, IF you are serious...

I have heard that pigeons are used to carry film to be developed while people are on rafting trips or something like that!

HEY, if pigeons were used so successfully in WW I & II, why not in civilian endeavors???

Mr. Squeaks would be outstanding IF he hadn't lost half a wing!!

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts

thats funny, sounds like a cute idea. but I don't see the point as the message comes in the mail anyway, it's not like the pigeon lands on someones roof and gives them the message. I guess it is a novelty like naming a star after someone. or buying a flag that had been flown over a special building site for a few seconds and sold,so they can say " this flag was flown over such and such building...anyway hope they do well with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts