Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I might have to move, but I am bring a pair inside to move with us. I might have to get rid of the rest of my birds, (5 in all) don't want to, but might have too. What do I have to do to bring my pair inside, its been in the teens to low 20's here, can i bring in the pair and not have to worry about them? I am upset I might have to sell or give the rest away, I'll keep them if I can. I don't know what is going to happen, but I will keep one pair for SURE! Advice is needed! Thanks my PT friends!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
If your birds are not on eggs, you can bring them in anytime as long as you have a proper place for them to stay in, like a cage. If they are on eggs and what the babies, you will have to wait approximately a month and a half. What ever you decide good luck!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Regarding the change in environment, they will easily adapt to being inside as long as the area has good ventilation with no drafts and part of the cage out of direct sun. (They like to sun bathe but need to be able to move away if they get too hot.)

Depending on how long the birds are inside, they may go into molt and shed a bunch of the feathers that were necessary to stay warm in the Michigan winter. If you are moving to another cold climate and if they will be outside again, you may need to keep them inside till the weather warms so they can adapt to the cold and regrow the thick plumage they will need for warmth.

Sorry you won't be able to keep all of your birds, but at least you can keep some!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts