Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doe's anyone use the minced garlic that is in the jar.
Ingredients- garlic, water and phosphoric acid.
It has about 120 cloves of garlic in it.
The price is about $4.00.
Is this good to use or is all the good stuff gone in it.

Thank You

Terry

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I use garlic cloves, just slice them into a couple pieces and put them in the water. I use about 2 to a gallon of water, I break the clove apart and use 2 of the pieces.

·
Registered
612 Posts
That is a great idea!! I think Ill do it with fresh garlic.....it will be funny to see my wifes face when she has a glass of her iced tea:D
should have seen my wife's face when she saw what I was doing the first time I made it...fresh garlic works well too...BTW it wasn't my idea, thank Frank Mclaughlin;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hate to come across like an arrogant know-it-all, but it's obvious that none of you have really researched how to do this OR why. I'm not going to do your homework for you but I will tell you that YES garlic is very beneficial. The beneficial properties ONLY come when the "heart" is crushed or chopped. AND it is most potent within the first hour. All most of you are doing is making the water taste like garlic and wasting time and money. REAL FRESH GARLIC IS THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS.
There are several ways that I've heard over the years. I put 1or2 cloves in a mini food processor with water and blend it until it looks like milk. I then put it in the bullet waterer and add the rest of the water. The key is to make sure they are thirsty so they drink it as soon as it's put down.
The other way that I like is a mini food processor and add your desired oil. after chopping it add it to the feed.

Research it for yourself.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I hate to come across like an arrogant know-it-all, but it's obvious that none of you have really researched how to do this OR why. I'm not going to do your homework for you but I will tell you that YES garlic is very beneficial. The beneficial properties ONLY come when the "heart" is crushed or chopped. AND it is most potent within the first hour. All most of you are doing is making the water taste like garlic and wasting time and money. REAL FRESH GARLIC IS THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS.
There are several ways that I've heard over the years. I put 1or2 cloves in a mini food processor with water and blend it until it looks like milk. I then put it in the bullet waterer and add the rest of the water. The key is to make sure they are thirsty so they drink it as soon as it's put down.
The other way that I like is a mini food processor and add your desired oil. after chopping it add it to the feed.

Research it for yourself.
I agree. You need fresh crushed cloves or you are doing nothing but flavoring the water. I grow my own. Keep the best bulbs for myself and the seconds go in my shed where I use them for the next nine months or more. I keep an old set of metal pliers in the shed and simply crush one clove and drop it in a gallon waterer on Sundays, especially during race season.

Please research fresh garlic vs minced garlic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts