Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like I missed my chance for my first club win in 20 years today. I clocked my bird and since I only sent 2 I went back to doing my yard work.About 50 min. later I went to check to see if my other bird had come in....I have had my clock for 3 years(manual Benzing)and have had no trouble out if it.Well the clock was STOPPED at 13 min after I clocked my bird.That was bad enough being disqualified but after talking to the other members who shipped Iam pretty sure I would have won or at least been very close.WHAT A BUMMER.So I have checked out the clock, I bumped it again and it started runing again and did not stop for 8 hours! I have checked it over and can not find anything wrong unless I wound it to tight.Well at least I KNOW WHEN the bird came home.Maybe if I start saving now I can get a electronic clock in about 5 years. Jeff

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Aw man, I'm sorry Jeff! That had to suck really bad. But hey, at least you know that bird won. You just won't have a spiffy paper to prove it, but as long as you know, that's all that matters. Which bird was it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Becky, Its a bird from Warren,The choc. hen.That was her third race and she has improved every race!She is done for the year,and if the other bird does not make it back today so am.Glad you got another one home....sorry it looked like someone kept her away so long but hey she didnt forget where she belonged.See ya later. Jeff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry For The Bad Luck I Win Would Of Been Great. I Hope I Get One This Year Or Even Place In The Top10 . This Is My First Year Racing So I Can Wait To Start Seeding My Birds Out.

Vic

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well looks like I missed my chance for my first club win in 20 years today. I clocked my bird and since I only sent 2 I went back to doing my yard work.About 50 min. later I went to check to see if my other bird had come in....I have had my clock for 3 years(manual Benzing)and have had no trouble out if it.Well the clock was STOPPED at 13 min after I clocked my bird.That was bad enough being disqualified but after talking to the other members who shipped Iam pretty sure I would have won or at least been very close.WHAT A BUMMER.So I have checked out the clock, I bumped it again and it started runing again and did not stop for 8 hours! I have checked it over and can not find anything wrong unless I wound it to tight.Well at least I KNOW WHEN the bird came home.Maybe if I start saving now I can get a electronic clock in about 5 years. Jeff
Well, that sucks!!
I don't know how the manual clocks work. If it stopped, why does that disqualify you? It was running when you clocked the bird wasn't it? So if it stopped after that, what's the big deal? See???.............TOLD you I don't know a thing about manual clocks.:eek: I've only see one of them in my life and have never seen a bird clocked with one.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
For some reason if it stops at all, you're disqualified. Doesn't make any sense if you've clocked a bird already :rolleyes: I think as long as you bump it again after the bird is clocked, that can be considered as your knockoff time if it suddenly stops before you get to the club. Pretty sure that's what 'safety bumps' are :confused: This is why I just do the computer stuff, and not mess with the clocks, LOL.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if you clock stops then there is no way of telling if the clock is fast or slow at knock off time.So you cannot tell if the time is correct at the time you clocked the bird.But my biggest problem was the fact that I did not catch it untill 50 min later meaning if my clock was running at knock off time i would be 50 min slow.Race rules state any clock running 8 min fast or slow in a 24 hour pr
eroid is disquaified.As race sec. I had to disqualify myself....Ha Ha.Some people will ask for a saftey bump if you are going several days before knock off time.Usually people will meet and bump there clock at a set time.That way if the clock stops after the saftey bump they are OK. Jeff

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jeff
Sorry about the clock stopping . But we know that it was a winner. You did great telling about the reason you had to disqualify yourself. :( 20 years ago , I was also in the same shape . I won the race ,but the clock had stopped after clocking so there you go. When we read clocks tonight make sure Becky send in Dis : clock stopped. this will keep you from having a NO REPORT like me again. :( Lost two more ... Dear Santa , All I want for Christmas is my birds back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts