Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my mookees i have mites this is a big problem for my show stock...
i have tried useing a powder called drykill also a disinfectant called virkon and still they return i have also preasure washed my coop right down and put all new nest's in and cleand my birds with the drykill and nothing worked there not the red ones like the other post there long and leave behind a hole in there feathers

any help???

·
Registered
201 Posts
As for the inside of the loft you may be able to use a spray called Provent-a-Mite I use it on all my reptile cages. I get it at my local reptile shop but you will probably either have to call around or order it. The stuff works great, it kills mites for up to 30 days. I would highly recommend that if you do use it, make sure you take your birds out for a few hours. And don't put them back until it completely dries and the over spray in the air settles. Here is a link.

http://www.pro-products.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=59

Best of luck.:D

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
How about ivermectin because those are sucking mites, right? I think they kept on coming back because they might be hiding somewhere.

·
Registered
646 Posts
We use the Neem Seeds in India to get rid of Mites and Pigeon flies. We dip in the Neem seeds in water for couple of days (also can use the Neem seed powder) and get the water all the juices from the seed. Before dipping the birds into it, just dissolve some camphor into it and that should do the job.
It has worked for me and as this a complete natural therapy, its completely safe for the birds.
I preferred this over the Butox power as many of the powders used for dipping are toxic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We use the Neem Seeds in India to get rid of Mites and Pigeon flies. We dip in the Neem seeds in water for couple of days (also can use the Neem seed powder) and get the water all the juices from the seed. Before dipping the birds into it, just dissolve some camphor into it and that should do the job.
It has worked for me and as this a complete natural therapy, its completely safe for the birds.
I preferred this over the Butox power as many of the powders used for dipping are toxic.
in the state i know you can get "neem oil" fro many local hydroponic store, you have to dilute it but a little goes a long way for plants may help here aswell? kills mites and keeps them gone for awhile from my experience (with plants mind ypu)

·
Registered
646 Posts
in the state i know you can get "neem oil" fro many local hydroponic store, you have to dilute it but a little goes a long way for plants may help here aswell? kills mites and keeps them gone for awhile from my experience (with plants mind ypu)
hi Patt,
I personally do not like to use the oil because of its sticky nature and they do not get easily mixed with water due to the difference in density. I prefer the seed powder, as the seed contains much of the healing qualities.
But as I said its again with the comfortability of usage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.