Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I would not, why do you need these meds, is something going around in the loft? do you know what they have? if you do know what sickness or overpopulation of bacteria they are having a problem with, best to treat just for that and not a big broad spectrum medications....unless you just do not know and want to cover all your bases. but I would try to treat and use a med just for the specfic problemo.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I would not, why do you need these meds, is something going around in the loft? do you know what they have? if you do know what sickness or overpopulation of bacteria they are having a problem with, best to treat just for that and not a big broad spectrum medications....unless you just do not know and want to cover all your bases. but I would try to treat and use a med just for the specfic problemo.
Funny.........I just told him the exact same thing on another web site. ;)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I guess everyone has a program they follow, but JMO using antibiotics as a preventive is not wise, as the bacteria can mutate and become immune if there is over use if it...and then it may not work when you really do need it...just a thought...I would go the more natural route and supply teas or electrolytes and adjust the feed and probios and vitamins instead and use the meds only if you need to. but that is just me, others will have differing views.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Neox contains cycline antibiotic.
4 in 1 has Furaltadone and Ronidazole
Mixing these is dangerous for your birds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts